Enpass Discussion Forum

enpass + Alfred App (MacOS)

mrSLK

Just want to know if possible to have enpass integration with Alfred App like the other password manager ?

I think it would be a good move for enpass because enpass will develop better branding as well as better feature for Mac OS customer.

Thank You

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @mrSLK and @moderato_burrito,

I developed a workflow which is doing that.
You find it here: https://github.com/v-braun/alfred-enpass

Please let me know if it worked for you or you had any issues. Looks fine on my machine but maybe there are still some bugs.

You need to set it up on first run, therefor u need to provide the location of you vault (directory) and the masterpassword.
Because there is no API from Enpass, I need to access the DB directley to read the records.
IMPORTANT: the password is not stored anywhere as cleartext. It will be stored within your keychain. This is why a keychain popup may appear on first run (on setup of the workflow).

Have fun and please let me know if there are any issues :)

Thanks a lot to the entire Enpass team!
I am a user since the first days of Enpass.

Edited by Viktor
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 8:21 PM, Viktor said:

Hi @mrSLK and @moderato_burrito,

I developed a workflow which is doing that.
You find it here: https://github.com/v-braun/alfred-enpass

Please let me know if it worked for you or you had any issues. Looks fine on my machine but maybe there are still some bugs.

You need to set it up on first run, therefor u need to provide the location of you vault (directory) and the masterpassword.
Because there is no API from Enpass, I need to access the DB directley to read the records.
IMPORTANT: the password is not stored anywhere as cleartext. It will be stored within your keychain. This is why a keychain popup may appear on first run (on setup of the workflow).

Have fun and please let me know if there are any issues :)

Thanks a lot to the entire Enpass team!
I am a user since the first days of Enpass.

Thank you for making this! It's really useful! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I would really welcome an official version of an Enpass workflow/extension for Alfred!

Because trusting a random GitHub repo in first place with all my passwords is killing a bit the meaning, and also it has to save the master password in keychain.

And saving anything in keychain is as nearly as good as saving it in clear text in my opinion. (No offend to the plugin coder, it does his job, that's for sure, and thanks for sharing!)

At least you could provide an API, that would be the best solving, since it would be able to be reused for any other kind of plugin like Alfred for example LaunchBar (obdev).

@Gulshan Dogra

Edited by cano