Enpass Discussion Forum

Please Withdraw Version 6

wmc

1. There are too many universally experienced bugs for a small support / development team to chase in an organized fashion that will not result in a much degraded product that will be much harder to maintain and upgrade going forward.
  2. Many of the bugs create security issues (e.g. the failure of Enpass browser extensions to block access to web login sites until the Enpass master password is entered, then subsequent failure to load the info from the vault for the page with the login controls (UID, password).
  3. A number of bugs impact stored data integrity and reliability.  E.g., browser extensions seem to "forget" Enpass has been installed and working fine in with a particular "Master Password" in the past, and reports it has not completed set-up, needs a master password to be created, or previous data restored.  However, despite selecting auto-backup creation in version 6, no backups get created, and attempts to restore from the local computer lead to a Google login page. (?!?)  Further, the database form, format and location used to store the "vault" has changed from v 5 so that the process of "rolling back" will be tedious with many manual actions required by the user while understanding it is highly likely that v5 will not be able to use a v6 vault for its data.
  4. Version 6 install / uninstall make a mess of the Windows registry leaving multiple entries with duplicate information that is incorrect.  For example, after installing v 6.0.2 the registry contains no entries referencing this version but does have entries referencing the previously installed 6.0.1 (239) referenced as 6.1.239.0.  There are multiple keys in HKCR that contain the exact same info.  HKCR\.enpass_card should reference one of the subsequent classes in HKCR from its "OpenWithProgids" key, but there are at least EIGHT OTHER Progids in HKCR all for same "@{SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_6.1.239.0_x86__fwdy0m65qb6h2?ms-resource:...".   Thus the uninstaller needs to be fixed so that it cleans up all the entries it leaves behind when the software is uninstalled since this splattering of multiple keys with duplicate data may be at the source of some worsening issues each time a new v6 install / uninstall / re-install is attempted.

Although I haven't attempted it, I believe this shotgun blast of Enpass version 6 registry entries left behind after its uninstall will make a rollback to version 5 problematic especially for Windows users not versed in registry editing and the subtleties of changes in Enpass database form, format and location.

For these reasons the Enpass development team needs to withdraw all version 6 releases and provide A FULLY TESTED UTILITY TO COMPLETELY REMOVE TRACES OF VERSION 6 FROM THE REGISTRY / SYSTEM FILE STORES, AND CONVERT THE V 6 DATABASE BACK TO A VERSION 5 COMPATIBLE "WALLET" SO USER CAN THEN SUCCESSFULLY RE-INSTALL AND OPERATE WITH VERSION 5.  This will then give the developers and Enpas QC engineers time to re-engineer v6 from top to bottom with REAL unit testing AND REAL THOROUGH in-house use case testing BEFORE releasing to beta testing or the "stable release" channel.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

As a former software engineer,  technical lead and software architect for major aerospace software systems, I know a thing or two about what happens when proper design, development test and release procedures get short-cutted and this appears to be what happened here. The result is a product which can either go forward with lots of band-aids, bailing wire and spit holding it together (making maintenance a nightmare with limited reliability and success) OR a product that can be withdraw, reworked without the pressure of dealing with multiple daily reports of wide-ranging and serious bugs.

I am attempting to be constructive based on my experience with software development in both types of environments - when development followed a sound set procedure through the process from design to release, and when shortcuts were taken to satisfy political, management, or marketing desires.  I'm merely asking Sinew Software to withdraw a release that was clearly "not ready for prime time", and redo the effort properly with the technical process, issues and progress dictating release schedules rather than whatever pushed this one out the door before it was finished.  Other major software development organizations have done this in the past, and users who see a company ready to admit a mistake then take proper action to fix it generally end up with higher regard and satisfaction with the developer than for those developers who "press on" with a bug-laden product, trying to pretend all is copacetic.  In the end, the latter decision hurts the bottom line and ends up defeating whatever management / marketing decision drove the "pre-mature" release.

I have downgraded to version 5, turned off auto-update for the extensions in the various browser that allow that, instead of having purchased the prime option on v 6 which was my intention though I did not  need the features, but more as a reward for a an application and browser extensions I used and found perfectly met my need.  But now, unless they take the proper action to fix ALL the issues in version 6 (withdraw, re-work, re-release being the proper way instead of endless little ad-hoc patches), I will be done with any / all products related to Sinew Software an use one of the password managers built into my internet security suites or available from another vendor at a reasonable price.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/6/2019 at 1:22 AM, wmc said:

For these reasons the Enpass development team needs to withdraw all version 6 releases and provide A FULLY TESTED UTILITY TO COMPLETELY REMOVE TRACES OF VERSION 6 FROM THE REGISTRY / SYSTEM FILE STORES, AND CONVERT THE V 6 DATABASE BACK TO A VERSION 5 COMPATIBLE "WALLET" SO USER CAN THEN SUCCESSFULLY RE-INSTALL AND OPERATE WITH VERSION 5.  This will then give the developers and Enpas QC engineers time to re-engineer v6 from top to bottom with REAL unit testing AND REAL THOROUGH in-house use case testing BEFORE releasing to beta testing or the "stable release" channel.

+10000000

simply: the upgrade to 6.0 is the worst what happened to both: Customers (us) and probably developers (if, I am not sure actually)

both financially and usability (or lets say: disability) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xarlatan said:

can somebody please provide a link to the latest v5 version? That would be great! Or just tell me what the latest version Number was.

Go to the downloads page.  Near the bottom in smaller type find the link in the line,

Looking for an older version of Enpass? Get it from here.

That will take you to instructions for downloading the last working version 5.x.x application and extensions.  NOTE: you need to follow instructions carefully for the Chrome extension install.  And in Firefox you have to, on the "Add-ons Manager" tab (from the "Tools->Add-ons" menu) click on Enpass, and in the resulting pane disable auto-update or it will put you right back at version 6 for the extension.  Note also, there appears no way to downgrade the extension in Edge since it relies on Microsoft Store, just one more indication that Sinew Software should withdraw version 6, including extensions available in various vendors app stores.

BTW, the Enpass 6 data file is not backward compatible with Enpass 5 and I know of no conversion tool to make it so.  However, one thing Enpass 6 appears to have gotten right is that it renamed your last Enpass 5 file "walletx.db.backup" when it replaced it with the "vault.enpassdb" file buried deeper in your Enpass documents folder.

Edited by wmc
Added Para
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ah ok. Thanks a lot, somehow i was blind and didn't see this.

Luckily I made a Backup of my wallet just before i did the upgrade. I will stick to version 5 until i find a better password manager. It was annoying enough that the v6 did not find the external file just because the filename extension changed and it said there is no file on my WebDAV path....

It is really strange that you guys are facing so many problems... 

I'm using Enpass 6 on both Windows 10 (with Edge browser extension) and Android since it was made available as Beta in Windows Store, and I haven't experienced any severe or functionality breaking issue so far. The communication with Edge extension even works much better with v6 compared to v5. Not for one second I thought about downgrading to the previous version.

Looks more like compatibility issues which needs to be fixed for you, and not as if Enpass 6 itself is broken. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 7:22 AM, tox1c90 said:

It is really strange that you guys are facing so many problems... 

I'm using Enpass 6 on both Windows 10 (with Edge browser extension) and Android since it was made available as Beta in Windows Store, and I haven't experienced any severe or functionality breaking issue so far. The communication with Edge extension even works much better with v6 compared to v5. Not for one second I thought about downgrading to the previous version.

Looks more like compatibility issues which needs to be fixed for you, and not as if Enpass 6 itself is broken. 

I totally agree with your assessment of Enpass 6. I've read about the problems that Enpass 6 users claim to face on these forums and on the Google Play store. However, I don't feel them. The communication with browser extensions such as Edge, Chrome, and Firefox on Windows 10 works much better with version 6 than with previous versions. It is working great on Android.There are those who complain that they had to use the master password again after installing version 6, but they forgot the master password and had saved it to their Enpass. It is unfair to blame Enpass for users forgetting their master password and a master password should not be stored on Enpass since it should be stored on paper. Storing a master password on Enpass is like storing my house keys in my house when I'm outdoors, so I would not be able to open the door to my house.

Edited by GeoLuz
  • Like 1

It appears that you (GeoLuz and tox1c90) are in the "exception" rather than "rule" category for Enpass v6.  It also appears you are primarily Edge and smartphone users of Enpass, both of which are incredibly castrated environments compared to the full-function desktop experience we have with Enpass v5 in full-function browsers like Firefox, Safari, Chrome on a desktop.

As for compatibility issues, if version 5 ran reliably and flawlessly, then as soon as v6 installed by Enpass's auto update and completely blew up (extension can't reliably connect with the application, can't find the data store, and when it does hook up, can't auto-invoke the credentials for the log-in page you have invoked - the most basic reliable function of version 5) then the onus is on Sinew Software, NOT users, to fix the problems.  The sheer volume of problems indicate this was an update to please Enpass, and the fancy Windows messaging version (so Microsoft can insert itself into your machine security situation and try to force you into OneDrive client-hood).  There was apparently no or little attention paid to impacts of design and coding changes to the "Traditional" version and interfaces with non-Microsoft extensions.

The fact that Sinew Software remains silent, provides no updates to address all these issues and no help to those they apparently ignored in the beta test / release cycle indicates that their roadmap is a Microsoft / Edge / Window phone / OneDrive centered plan so that users of non-Microsoft browsers can just fall to the wayside, live with the problems or find other products that actually work with non-Microsoft browsers and cloud services.  The Sinew Software silence, their lack of effort to address these issues is the coward's way out - they should just tell Firefox, non-MS cloud service users etc. that they will no longer support these browsers / services and make a clean break with those users who have been forced back to version 5 with all the SERIOUS functionality and reliability downgrades the auto-update to version 6 inflicted upon them.

But I'm happy that those who are enamored of Edge and OneDrive, Microsoft Store app versions etc. have a product that works for them.  It is still no help for the rest of us who swallowed the Sinew Software "good will" based on experience through version 5 on other browsers. 

Edited by wmc
grammar correction
  • Like 1

I have been an Enpass user for several years and upgrades have always been painless.

V6 upgrade was not good .. and even after restoring access to dropbox, had all sorts of issues - had to disabale & re-enable sync etc.

No today I applied latest upgrade  "for increased stability"  .. and it has stopped Enpass working at all.

Removed it from Taskbar .. running app direct fails - does nothing, and reinstall also fails, it cant access Dropbox.

Think Enpass need to pull the reins in ............ stop all upgrades for a while and get a full review, get things stable, then move people to a know good release.

No more new features until we back to a stable working load - if that meant roll back to 5 for interim, then fine.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 8:55 PM, GeoLuz said:

I totally agree with your assessment of Enpass 6. I've read about the problems that Enpass 6 users claim to face on these forums and on the Google Play store. However, I don't feel them. The communication with browser extensions such as Edge, Chrome, and Firefox on Windows 10 works much better with version 6 than with previous versions. It is working great on Android.fThere are those who complain that they had to use the master password again after installing version 6, but they forgot the master password and had saved it to their Enpass. It is unfair to blame Enpass for users forgetting their master password and a master password should not be stored on Enpass since it should be stored on paper. Storing a master password on Enpass is like storing my house keys in my house when I'm outdoors, so I would not be able to open the door to my house.

Did you try using Windows Hello? V6 --> Broken/doesn't work after app startup. Why does enpass have to run in the background and hog resources? --> see previous. Hello doesn't work at all if you don't keep enpass alive all the time. Why do I have to always click the face icon before I can Hello open my vault? The UI needs more clicks to get the same thing done. Too much whitespace. Design looks awful. No UWP/Fluent design. In 2019, UIs should be a pleasure to use and look at. Upgrade broke all devices apart in our household, for both of us. That's a 100% upgrade fail. Including a dark theme you have to manually enable as a feature is just lame. The V5 UWP automatically followed the Windows dark system theme since … ever? I'm glad it works for you, but I'm finding it ultra-annoying and after weeks of no improvements, I'm debating whether to change platforms altogether.

• Like 1

Hey, question for you guys that have problems running version 6.x.x.

Do you have problems running Enpass v6.0.0 (230)?  I'm a new Enpass user so never tried a previous version.  V6.0.0 (230) is working fine for me as far as I can tell, being a new user.  I did update v6.0.0 (230) when the update pop up happened, but that update caused the blurry text and mis-aligned text problem so I went back to v6.0.0 (230).

Curious to know if others are having problems running v6.0.0 (230).
Skylark

Edited by skylark
Added version extension (230) to be precise.

I tried all updates through v6.0.2.  The latter fixed the misaligned / blurry text but nothing else. 

1. I can't auto-load credentials when you open a browser page for which you previously stored credentials in Enpass.
  2. More than half the time, after one successful invocation of Enpass from the browser's tool bar, the extension can't find the application and says that you have to finish installation and activate browser extensions (no matter how many times before you've done this).
  3. The "Search" doesn't work right.  You have to key in an exact and complete "word" that falls between blanks or periods [.] before search will list the entry.  Not like the "fuzzy" search in v 5 that would pop up anything with even a partial "word" matching what you type.
  4. Invocation of the desktop application takes an inordinate amount of time:  click the icon, wait 45 secs or so for the interface to appear.

All this issues and others (occasionally seems to delete the settings file so they all need to be set again, etc.) persist through multiple installs, uninstall, rollback, re-update, uninstall reinstall....  Clearly a bug ridden, inadequately tested release which is why I had to rollback to v 5 while I look for a replacement BECAUSE CLEARLY SINEW SOFTWARE IS NOT BOTHERED BY THESE PROBLEMS AND HAS NO INTENTION OF ADDRESSING THEM.  They prefer to toss it back in your face saying is your configuation / stupidity / inexperience etc. etc. Reality is if this many people are having this much trouble there ARE BUGS IN THE SOFTWARE!

I for one do not feel comfortable running software that is supposed to enhance my security and privacy, yet is SO BUGGY, with careless developers who clearly don't care.  So, I wonder how easy it is to hack this piece of crap and steal all your master password and all your data? 

17 hours ago, wmc said:

I tried all updates through v6.0.2.  The latter fixed the misaligned / blurry text but nothing else. 

1. I can't auto-load credentials when you open a browser page for which you previously stored credentials in Enpass.
  2. More than half the time, after one successful invocation of Enpass from the browser's tool bar, the extension can't find the application and says that you have to finish installation and activate browser extensions (no matter how many times before you've done this).
  3. The "Search" doesn't work right.  You have to key in an exact and complete "word" that falls between blanks or periods [.] before search will list the entry.  Not like the "fuzzy" search in v 5 that would pop up anything with even a partial "word" matching what you type.
  4. Invocation of the desktop application takes an inordinate amount of time:  click the icon, wait 45 secs or so for the interface to appear.

All this issues and others (occasionally seems to delete the settings file so they all need to be set again, etc.) persist through multiple installs, uninstall, rollback, re-update, uninstall reinstall....  Clearly a bug ridden, inadequately tested release which is why I had to rollback to v 5 while I look for a replacement BECAUSE CLEARLY SINEW SOFTWARE IS NOT BOTHERED BY THESE PROBLEMS AND HAS NO INTENTION OF ADDRESSING THEM.  They prefer to toss it back in your face saying is your configuation / stupidity / inexperience etc. etc. Reality is if this many people are having this much trouble there ARE BUGS IN THE SOFTWARE!

I for one do not feel comfortable running software that is supposed to enhance my security and privacy, yet is SO BUGGY, with careless developers who clearly don't care.  So, I wonder how easy it is to hack this piece of crap and steal all your master password and all your data? 

If update v6.0.2 does not improve anything, then I might as well stay with v6.0.0 (230).

What you said is somewhat what I have gathered by reading the posts.  It is very concerning that password management software would have so many problems.  Frankly I've only entered logins for 5 websites to test Enpass on my desktop PC and android S8 phone, partly because of the apparent unstable performance I've been reading about. 

Are you running the Windows Store version to get v6.0.2?  I'm reluctant to run the Windows Store version because with the traditional version at least I have a downloaded copy to fall back on should things go west.  I assume  that with the Windows Store version, it just gets installed without allowing the user to have a downloaded copy.  Is that right?

Thanks,
Skylark

On 1/24/2019 at 2:32 PM, Damasta said:

Did you try using Windows Hello? V6 --> Broken/doesn't work after app startup. Why does enpass have to run in the background and hog resources? --> see previous. Hello doesn't work at all if you don't keep enpass alive all the time. Why do I have to always click the face icon before I can Hello open my vault? The UI needs more clicks to get the same thing done. Too much whitespace. Design looks awful. No UWP/Fluent design. In 2019, UIs should be a pleasure to use and look at. Upgrade broke all devices apart in our household, for both of us. That's a 100% upgrade fail. Including a dark theme you have to manually enable as a feature is just lame. The V5 UWP automatically followed the Windows dark system theme since … ever? I'm glad it works for you, but I'm finding it ultra-annoying and after weeks of no improvements, I'm debating whether to change platforms altogether.

First of all, I wish you luck in having a better experience with Enpass 6 soon. I switched to a dark theme on my Windows 10 and my Android and the dark theme has remained the same for each platform. As for Windows Hello, I have never used Windows Hello because I have never been a biometrics person for the purpose of signing into service on the internet. I always use passwords and I'm comfortable with that. Anyone who uses biometrics for Enpass should store their master password on a piece of paper and store it in a safe place because you never know when you will need the master password again.

You only need the windows store version if you intend to use Edge as a browser.  I do not know if you can still use OneDrive for sync as I do not use any cloud services.  (As a former software engineer I know how insecure ANYTHING you put on the Internet is, so I tend not to use cloud services, social media, online banking / bill pay etc.  If I need to sync I use "sneaker net".)

I downgraded to 5.6.10 for the desktop app, and the last version of browser extensions for Firefox and Chrome a few days after the initial 6.0.0 release. I briefly upgraded to 6.0.2 to see if things were fixed and found only the text display issue had been addressed.  I don't use Edge as a browser nor do I use internet services or internet connected apps on my cell phone.  (IT'S A PHONE! ;^}  So I can't speak for any of v 6.0.x functionality in those environments.  I am strictly a  user of the desktop app and browser extensions (i.e. not MS Store or Google Play or iTunes etc. versions).

Since some reported version 6.0.4 fixed all the bugs, I decided to try it.  BIG MISTAKE!  It is as buggy (only without the text display issues) as 6.0.0.  Just some of the issues:

BUGS:

1.       Interface on desktop app locks if Enpass is idle even when “Settings->Security->Enpass is idle for” remains unchecked.

2.       Enpass “forgets” the browsers with which it has been authorized by entering the matching code each time the system is cold-start booted even when “Settings->Browser->Ask for Browser Authorization Every Time is unchecked.

3.       This difficulty to “remember” authorized browsers leaves no trace in logs (“Settings->Browser->Logs” “Enable” box checked).  The “Show Logs” button always shows “Nothing to Show Here.”

4.       When I open a web page in a browser with the Enpass extension installed and authorized, the Enpass Assistant does not automatically open with the requirement to enter the master password before it displays the page’s login credential information from the Enpass database as did versions through 5.6.10.

5.       When I open a web page that is not in Enpass’s database, and enter login credentials, Enpass Assistant does not appear, request the master password entry then offer to save the data as a new entry like versions through Enpass 5.6.10 did.

6.       When Enpass Assistant is manually opened from any browser, it places a cursor in the search box.  Two lines below is the letter “H” and it displays entries with names starting with “H” (in my case two web pages beginning with https://...  Through version 5.6.10, Enpass showed all entries in a scrollable list sorted alphabetically in ascending order.  This behavior cannot be set as a default in Enpass 6.0.x rather I am stuck with the display of two entries, and must enter a letter at the top to display other entries.  There is no way to get a scrollable list of all entries in Enpass’s database in the Enpass Assistant window from any of the Browser Extensions as was the default for versions through Enpass 5.6.10.

QUESTIONS:

1.       There is no audio with versions 6.0.x whereas there was audio (unlock, incorrect password…) with versions through 5.6.10.  Is this a bug or by design? 

2.       Quite a few “Settings->Customize” entries in the User Guide do not exist in the application.  Are these “premium” features, and if so, shouldn’t they be identified as such in the User Guide?

3.       Does purchase of the “Premium Features” restrict me to the Windows Store version only?

4.       Since it appears you intended to remove the primary security feature of Enpass (not popping up Enpass Assistant and asking for a master password when a web page with login info is opened) shouldn’t there be at least a Knowledge Base article like “Enpass 6 for Enpass 5 Users” so we know in advance what kind of security and feature downgrades we will be accepting when we accept the update to version 6?

There just seems to be no interest from Sinew Software to REALLY FIX ENPASS 6.  They seem  to think if a few people can use it without issue, it is just fine.  FU to all the rest.

• Confused 1

I am still using Enpass version 5.6.10 on my Windows 7 laptop, but my Android devices (smart phone and tablet) are using 6.0.3.195. The Android versions are working/syncing just fine, but I can't even get into my desktop Enpass because it won't accept my master password. Anyone have a suggestion for fixing this problem?

4 hours ago, SandyJ47 said:

I am still using Enpass version 5.6.10 on my Windows 7 laptop, but my Android devices (smart phone and tablet) are using 6.0.3.195. The Android versions are working/syncing just fine, but I can't even get into my desktop Enpass because it won't accept my master password. Anyone have a suggestion for fixing this problem?

If you went back to 5.6.10, it is likely that you did not restore your wallet file.  Enpass 6 uses a different database organization and file format.  So look in your SYS:/Users/<your UID>/ Documents/Enpass folder (AKA "My Documents/Enpass" folder) for a file called "Enpass_Backup_yyyy-mm-dd_hh-mm-ss.walletx"  where "yyyy-mm-dd_hh-mm-ss" are numerals of a date_time when you first installed Enpass 6.  I think that file is the last walletx.db file that your Enpass 5.6.10 was using before the update.

Rename a copy (just to be safe) of "Enpass_Backup_yyy...." to "walletx.db" and you should be able to use your master password again.

Alternatively copy the file from the most recent folder in ...Documents/Enpass/Backups to your ...Documents/Enpass folder and rename it "walletx.db".

FYI, in Enpass 6 your former walletx.db data is in ...Documents/Enpass/Vaults/primary/vault.enpassdb

Edited by wmc
Directory path correction, spelling corrections
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 5:43 PM, wmc said:

Since some reported version 6.0.4 fixed all the bugs, I decided to try it.  BIG MISTAKE!  It is as buggy (only without the text display issues) as 6.0.0.  Just some of the issues:

BUGS:

1.       Interface on desktop app locks if Enpass is idle even when “Settings->Security->Enpass is idle for” remains unchecked.

2.       Enpass “forgets” the browsers with which it has been authorized by entering the matching code each time the system is cold-start booted even when “Settings->Browser->Ask for Browser Authorization Every Time is unchecked.

3.       This difficulty to “remember” authorized browsers leaves no trace in logs (“Settings->Browser->Logs” “Enable” box checked).  The “Show Logs” button always shows “Nothing to Show Here.”

4.       When I open a web page in a browser with the Enpass extension installed and authorized, the Enpass Assistant does not automatically open with the requirement to enter the master password before it displays the page’s login credential information from the Enpass database as did versions through 5.6.10.

5.       When I open a web page that is not in Enpass’s database, and enter login credentials, Enpass Assistant does not appear, request the master password entry then offer to save the data as a new entry like versions through Enpass 5.6.10 did.

6.       When Enpass Assistant is manually opened from any browser, it places a cursor in the search box.  Two lines below is the letter “H” and it displays entries with names starting with “H” (in my case two web pages beginning with https://...  Through version 5.6.10, Enpass showed all entries in a scrollable list sorted alphabetically in ascending order.  This behavior cannot be set as a default in Enpass 6.0.x rather I am stuck with the display of two entries, and must enter a letter at the top to display other entries.  There is no way to get a scrollable list of all entries in Enpass’s database in the Enpass Assistant window from any of the Browser Extensions as was the default for versions through Enpass 5.6.10.

QUESTIONS:

1.       There is no audio with versions 6.0.x whereas there was audio (unlock, incorrect password…) with versions through 5.6.10.  Is this a bug or by design? 

2.       Quite a few “Settings->Customize” entries in the User Guide do not exist in the application.  Are these “premium” features, and if so, shouldn’t they be identified as such in the User Guide?

3.       Does purchase of the “Premium Features” restrict me to the Windows Store version only?

4.       Since it appears you intended to remove the primary security feature of Enpass (not popping up Enpass Assistant and asking for a master password when a web page with login info is opened) shouldn’t there be at least a Knowledge Base article like “Enpass 6 for Enpass 5 Users” so we know in advance what kind of security and feature downgrades we will be accepting when we accept the update to version 6?

There just seems to be no interest from Sinew Software to REALLY FIX ENPASS 6.  They seem  to think if a few people can use it without issue, it is just fine.  FU to all the rest.

====================================

I'm confused as to your FU. I like your post as it refers to the wattet.db glitch. I believe they will fix it for you and the community. Compare Enpass to other password managers which require a yearly renewal, like LastPass which I dumped the last past year (ha-ha). It seems to me that the Enpass crew is trying to survive (for profit) with also caring for us users. It is good you posted your concerns, but the "FU" warrants an apology for the product they are constantly developing for us and for them. Hopefully they will NEVER sell out to some 'for profit' buyout company. Enpass is for us, both users and producers. Be ethical, be hopeful. Don't use FU.