Enpass Discussion Forum

UI broken on HiDPI displays in v6 [NOT SOLVED]

ShikiByakko

Message added by Vinod Kumar

We are aware of an issue that causes broken font rendering in Enpass on Windows if your monitor's scaling factor is 125%,150%,175% or 225%. We have already submitted an update to Microsoft Store but unfortunately it is still in certification queue and taking longer than usual time ( weekend may be a cause). 

If you want the update earlier please PM me your store id ( will temporarily add you to update package flight). Alternatively, If you can manage, set your display scaling to 100% or 200% and restart Enpass.

Please do not upload screenshots of Enpass with your sensitive data.

Thanks for bearing with us. 

EDIT: AN UPDATE WITH FIX IS AVAILABLE ON STORE.

I Have a simulair issue. Got updated out of the blue, still have the issue I had with the beta.

The menu bar is cut off:

This was already posted here: https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/topic/4576-a-new-beta-update-of-enpass-6-is-now-available-for-linux-macos-and-windows/&tab=comments#comment-9517

I'm still on Windows 10 version 1803, though.

Also the whole click area seems to be shifted down. I can't exactly see where I click.

Need fix soon, can't work with this version!

Enpass Menu Bar.JPG

Edited by Mike_B
  • Like 1

Hey @Mike_B,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

To investigate further on this issue we need some input from your side so please let me know the following:

• Are you using multi-monitor system?
  • What's the scaling and resolution of each monitor.
  • Which Enpass version are you using? To check Enpass version please follow these steps:

Go to Add & Remove Programs --> Click on Enpass.

version.thumb.jpg.91209263b9fca99f289881173cfd9bf4.jpg

Thanks for your co-operation.

4 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @ShikiByakko

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Please follow these troubleshooting steps and let me know if the problem persists.

Go to Windows Settings --> System --> Display --> Scale and Layout --> Advanced scaling settings --> Disable let windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry option.

Hope this helps!

I have the same issue except the problem is with Chinese font. 

I disabled let windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry option, restarted my PC (windows 10 1803), and the problem persists. 

I am using multiple monitors:

2 monitor with 1920*1080 resolution and 100% scaling, and one monitor with 3840*2160 resolution and 150% scaling. 

Enpass version is 6.0.0.198 

4 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @Mike_B,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

To investigate further on this issue we need some input from your side so please let me know the following:

• Are you using multi-monitor system?
  • What's the scaling and resolution of each monitor.
  • Which Enpass version are you using? To check Enpass version please follow these steps:

Go to Add & Remove Programs --> Click on Enpass.

version.thumb.jpg.91209263b9fca99f289881173cfd9bf4.jpg

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hi Anshu,

• Yes it's a multi monitor system (2 monitors)
  • Both monitors with the same settings: 1920 x 1080 and scaling 100%
  • Enpass Version 6.0.0 (197)
    Check for updates says it's up to date
    Windows says it's version 6.0.197.0

Enpass version.JPG

Enpass version Windows.JPG

11 hours ago, Robin Cais said:

I have the same issue except the problem is with Chinese font. 

I disabled let windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry option, restarted my PC (windows 10 1803), and the problem persists. 

I am using multiple monitors:

2 monitor with 1920*1080 resolution and 100% scaling, and one monitor with 3840*2160 resolution and 150% scaling. 

Enpass version is 6.0.0.198 

Exactly the same experience. At 100% scaling there is no problem, but as soon as the scaling goes up the Japanese font behaves like I already showed.

My problem has nothing to do with Resolution, Scaling or Multi monitor.

I unplugged my laptop from the dock and tried different resolutions and scale factors with and without the fix blurry apps option on my laptop screen.

All the same: the menu bar is cut off.

Is there an option to restore the previous version, till this is fixed?

Although I opted in for the beta I expected it to run parallel. Which I did before until I got updated all by it self.

• 1 month later...

I can't shrink the Enpass UI to less than 2/3 of my screen size on my Surface Book 2 (3000x2000 pix). See screenshot attached.

Even when I snap Enpass to the side of my screen, it stays about 2/3 large. Too big for me. Even manually, I can't shrink it smaller.

Oddly, when I try the same thing on my old FHD (1920x1200 pix) screen, Enpass will shrink to 1/2 screen size, also when snapping.

Is that a resolution or an aspect ratio problem?

Annotation 2019-01-02 140301.jpg

• Like 1

I've been on beta for 6 for a while and was all working and looking fine but at some point over the last day or so it has become completely broken and unusable. Something has gone badly wrong with scaling. (see attached image)

Alignment is wrong, UI is out of place and text is low res and blocky. This has only just started happening, was all fine yesterday and before that. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting etc. My machine is a Dell XPS 13 (9370) laptop with 4K screen.

image.thumb.png.ebc44d407187a804f2c8a51dd0d4b2c8.png

Edited by planetwilson
add info
  • Like 2

From today i got a update trough the windows store. and everyting is out of place. clickable objects are misplaced and it is dificut to click on somthing.

if i change the default scaling from windows on my laptop (125%) to 100% it display's correctly.

Annotation 2019-01-03 142601.jpg

Edited by Patrick b.
  • Like 2

I just installed newest version of Enpass (I can't check exact version because UI is broken) (It is newest version of 6) I have the same exact issue occurring on Windows 10 version 10.0.17134 Build 17134. The text resolution is not correct either. I am unable to log out or do much of anything because menu system is off alignment. Search is broken as well as the typed letters seem to be in some kind of insert mode.

2019-01-03 10_33_38-Enpass.png

Edited by pez

58 minutes ago, pez said:

I just installed newest version of Enpass (I can't check exact version because UI is broken) (It is newest version of 6) I have the same exact issue occurring on Windows 10 version 10.0.17134 Build 17134. The text resolution is not correct either. I am unable to log out or do much of anything because menu system is off alignment. Search is broken as well as the typed letters seem to be in some kind of insert mode.

2019-01-03 10_33_38-Enpass.png

I have exact the same issue.

Win 7 ver 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

WQHD resolution

If Windows screen scaling is set to anything other than 100%, the Enpass 6.0 UI becomes distorted (see screenshots below). It's particularly bad in the 6.0 upgrade UI, which is totally unusable. This leaves you in a state where you can't complete the upgrade and get access to your password vault. My phone app updated at the same time, and because I needed my OneDrive password to reconfigure sync to get that running again, I found myself in a situation where I couldn't access any of my password information! Fortunately, I was able to get into Enpass in Windows by resetting the screen scaling to 100% and restarting the app. 

Notably, if you start enpass with screen scaling set to 100%, and THEN change it to another value, sometimes (but not always) the Enpass UI seems to scale appropriately. 

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Edited by motocoder
  • Like 1

Same here. Version 6 was usable and looked fine until the update I received today. I run Windows 10 Version 1803 on a laptop with Full HD resolution (1920*1080). I never changed the default scaling and will not mess with it now. Enpass, please release a quick bug fix update! And while you're at it, please give us an option to use the program in English language. Since some UI elements don't have labels I suspect the German localization is at least partially broken too. Really, I don't need loc and would love to be able to use English without switching the whole computer to English. Which is something that Microsoft makes deliberately harder from release to release so I won't even bother with it. This is also true for the mobile client. Forcing the user to use a language version that was guessed to be the desired one just because the OS is using it is bad form. In Android for example you really can't switch the language if you care for app reviews from people of your country because as soon as you switch the phone to English USA as an example, all reviews are shown from Americans and are posted to the American review database. And I really don't want American app reviews on my Android phone. (Cultural issue; Americans are usually very shy to call out problems and rather prefer to sugar coat everything. Whereas my fellow Germans are brutally honest in their reviews and this is what I need, what helps me make decisions on what apps to use.)