Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass 6 and Fedora SilverBlue

tobstarr

Is there a way to get an Enpass 6 version of the installer for Linux? I am using Fedora Silverblue and even though you can install RPMs there is (still) an issue with installing RPMs that write to /opt (the issue is documented here: https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/issues/233). Is it somehow possible to just extract the binary from the rpm (or the deb) and start it like one could run enpass < 6?

The better solution (for me and for all Fedora users) would obviously to provide a flatpak but I already read that you are still waiting for the snap/flatpak think to settle. Is that still the case?

Unfortunately it seems that this broke my sync setup as Enpass on mt iPhone was automatically upgraded to 6 and I currently still have to use enpass 5.6 on my desktop and it seems that syncing between two different versions just does not work. :(

@Vinod Kumar thanks. Do you have a link for a RPM-Package as well? I would like to try and modify it so it writes to /usr/ instead of /opt as there are some other things which are currently not working (I can e.g. not authenticate with OneDrive as my browser does not have a protocol handler for `enpassauth:`).

Edited by tobstarr

• 5 months later...