Enpass Discussion Forum

Custom icons do not sync across devices

100 Watt Walrus

I'm seeing a lot of problems with icons syncing across devices. Two examples:

1) In one vault, I've created custom icons for multiple items (since Favicon functionality was removed). This vault syncs between two Macs via Dropbox. I installed the Mac App Store version of Enpass 6 on the second machine yesterday and synced with the vault. Not a single one of my custom icons showed up on the second machine. Every item I'd given a custom icon now has a generic default icon.

2) In another vault, synced via Google Drive, I've chosen or created icons for multiple items using my Mac (that at the time was running beta build 250 or 279, and is now running the production version downloaded from Enpass.io). Looking at that vault today, on my Mac all the icons except the custom ones have returned to their generic icon (the globe on the teal background), but on my Android the very same items all have their icons from the Enpass gallery:

947966280_icons-mac.jpg.2c8d5e56dd0d07a4662b4cbd882632c2.jpg

1412228579_icons-android.jpg.03b885e986dbce5d4a0fdc3ff47c57b9.jpg

Hi @100 Watt Walrus,

7 hours ago, 100 Watt Walrus said:

1) In one vault, I've created custom icons for multiple items (since Favicon functionality was removed). This vault syncs between two Macs via Dropbox. I installed the Mac App Store version of Enpass 6 on the second machine yesterday and synced with the vault. Not a single one of my custom icons showed up on the second machine. Every item I'd given a custom icon now has a generic default icon.

This issue has been fixed in next week update.

7 hours ago, 100 Watt Walrus said:

2) In another vault, synced via Google Drive, I've chosen or created icons for multiple items using my Mac (that at the time was running beta build 250 or 279, and is now running the production version downloaded from Enpass.io). Looking at that vault today, on my Mac all the icons except the custom ones have returned to their generic icon (the globe on the teal background), but on my Android the very same items all have their icons from the Enpass gallery:

Noted. It seems a side-effect of Favicon setting from previous beta.

Thanks for reporting.

9 hours ago, Ankur Gupta said:

Noted. It seems a side-effect of Favicon setting from previous beta.

Can you provide a rough estimate of when Favicons will be back? The version of Favicon-fetching the early builds seemed (from a user POV) to work fairly well. The second version of Favicon-fetching (introduced in either build 250 or 279, I don't remember which) was a disaster. When can we (beta users) expect to see another attempt to reintroduce Favicon-fetching? (I'm not looking for specifics, just "in the next few weeks" or "in the next few months" or "it will be a while, sorry!" I just want to know if I should bother spending time making my own.)

9 hours ago, Vinod Kumar said:

We had previously used a third party API to fetch fav-icons in beta. Since their terms of use has been changed and not in line with us, we have to remove that. We are working on our own service to provide fav-icons. This feature will return soon (next month).

Roger that. Thank you for the update! I definitely understand having to abandon a third-party tool after a change to an API and/or the providers TOU. I've been there. Very frustrating, especially for a feature you'd already introduced! Very much appreciating being in the loop on this. I can live with a feature misbehaving or even being removed if I know what's going on and that there's a plan.

Looking forward to beta testing the update when it becomes available.