Enpass Discussion Forum

the new enpass version is "not very good" to put it mildly

Unfortunately the new enpass version brings multiple annoyances, reduced efficiency, and a complete disregard to GUI design rules. The interface is counter intuitive and counter productive. There is no consistency throughout the experience, and my actual work process became much slower, either trying to find the required functionality, or waiting for enpass to perform its tasks.

1. To open the enpass windows app, you have to click on the taskbar icon, click the 3 lines menu, and select open enpass. In the previous version it was a simple double-click on the taskbar icon.
  2. When searching for credentials in the enpass windows app, there's a delay of at least 4 seconds before the enpass application responds to any input.
  3. After a computer restart I have to wait for at least 10 seconds for the chrome plugin, while it searches for the windows application. In the previous version it was an instant password prompt.

There are multiple other minor annoyances which when put together, significantly affect my efficiency when looking for passwords. And even though I paid for the iOS app, today I started searching for a new password manager software. It's a shame really because enpass was amazingly good before this "upgrade". Approving this "upgrade" for public release was not a very good decision.

Please take this as constructive feedback, since I'm a fan of enpass and I would love it to succeed. This new version though was a bad decision. 

• Like 5

I think the same, the new interface I do not like. Surely they have tried to implement new functions at the technical level, but the design is much less intuitive than before. Before it was a cleaner design, clearer visually and very intuitive. I'm going to uninstall this version to keep the previous one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new UI definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I know the Enpass team worked hard on it, but I think they just started from the wrong philosophy. They've had lots of feedback, and have participated in these forums to varying degrees (I get the impression that Enpass is not the primary paying job for any of them, so that's understandable), so I hope for some improvements over time — but it may be a while since redesigning a redesign is major work.

On 1/13/2019 at 10:19 PM, aristosv said:
  • To open the enpass windows app, you have to click on the taskbar icon, click the 3 lines menu, and select open enpass. In the previous version it was a simple double-click on the task bar icon.

This stinks, but there's a workaround: Settings > General > System-Wide Hotkey could save you a step. (At least, that's where to find this preference on Mac. I think it's in roughly the same place on Windows, but I don't have my Windows machine in front of me right now.)

I've already complained a few times about the removal of CMD+E for opening the full window from the mini window. Can't imagine why that hasn't been restored. Doesn't seem like it would be that much work to map that key command, but then I'm not a code guy.

Edited by 100 Watt Walrus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Everyone

Sorry to hear that you were encountering such issues.

On 1/14/2019 at 11:49 AM, aristosv said:
  • To open the enpass windows app, you have to click on the taskbar icon, click the 3 lines menu, and select open enpass. In the previous version it was a simple double-click on the taskbar icon.
  • When searching for credentials in the enpass windows app, there's a delay of at least 4 seconds before the enpass application responds to any input.
  • After a computer restart I have to wait for at least 10 seconds for the chrome plugin, while it searches for the windows application. In the previous version it was an instant password prompt.
  1. Noted and added to the road-map.
  2. Fixed. Please wait for the new update which should solve the problem.
  3. Noted and shared with the team. Meanwhile, for a workaround please set the app to 'Auto-run' on System start.

On 1/14/2019 at 12:07 PM, hzs said:

enpass Android webdav sync error code 908401. 
enpass windwos webdav sync error code 908409. 

We've released an update v6.0.3 with improved synchronization for various WebDAV configurations. Please update the app and if you're still encountering any issues then please create a test account for us on your WebDAV and share the details via Direct Message.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:45 PM, 100 Watt Walrus said:

They've had lots of feedback, and have participated in these forums to varying degrees (I get the impression that Enpass is not the primary paying job for any of them, so that's understandable), so I hope for some improvements over time — but it may be a while since redesigning a redesign is major work.

No, it's not like that. Enpass is our primary product on which we are concentrating. Enpass itself is a vast project which supports every major mobile and desktop platform, and it's taking time to release the updates because we are simultaneously focusing on all the supported platforms.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:45 PM, 100 Watt Walrus said:

I've already complained a few times about the removal of CMD+E for opening the full window from the mini window. Can't imagine why that hasn't been restored. Doesn't seem like it would be that much work to map that key command, but then I'm not a code guy.

Apologizes. I will prioritize it and we will try to get it back ASAP.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:35 PM, earl.grey said:

agreed. Enpass 6 is horrible. i switched now to LastPass and will monitor if Enpass will work to get as good as Enpass 5 again.

We are listening to our users and will actively make changes to the app update based on the constructive feedback we have been receiving, so thank you for getting in touch. I shall pass your comments onto our development team. 

10 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

We've released an update v6.0.3 with improved synchronization for various WebDAV configurations. Please update the app and if you're still encountering any issues then please create a test account for us on your WebDAV and share the details via Direct Message.

I'm sorry but I 'm not sure what do you mean with "improved"?

If it means it won't work after that, then you've done it very well. I'm really pissed off (Err 908404). Of course mistakes can always happen - only if they are there and you don't get an answer from support and you can't reset the not working app to an old version, it's just bad.

Edited by Tobi

On 2/1/2019 at 9:16 AM, Vikram Dabas said:

We are listening to our users and will actively make changes to the app update based on the constructive feedback we have been receiving, so thank you for getting in touch. I shall pass your comments onto our development team. 

You lost your credibility when you forced v6 on us through the app stores.

To get back some trust I would suggest you put v5.6.3 back, ensure there is interoperability in future releases and let your customers choose what version they run. Customers would naturally migrate to v6 if it is a better proposition, rather than being forced.

Hey there,

I'm giving Enpass a first shot today and I think I have the same WebDav issues:

908401 on iOS 6.0.3 (219) and MacOS 6.0.3 (300)

My WebDav server is configured properly, so I think the most important reason to buy Enpass (WebDav sync support) is not working atm. I'm going to provide you with test credentials...

BR

23 hours ago, nihebe said:

@Vikram Dabas I buzzed you test credentials last weekend via the forum communication. Did you have a look in your inbox and are you going to test with the server?

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't received your WebDAV details via DM as your message was flagged as Spam by the CleanTalk software. Although, later I was able to fetch the details from the spam posts. The synchronization with the shared WebDAV account is working perfectly with the recent update. Please update your app and let me know if you still face any problem. Thanks.

Hi Vikram, thanks for coming back to me.

Your test definitely worked out, I still see your testing files.

I updated the iOS App to 6.0.4 (222). After I configure the WebDav sync it behaves like everything works and prints a "Last sync" datetime. Having a look on my server shows me no new files. Next sync process Enpass says "no files found, looks like you deleted them. Click Next to upload now"... I can repeat this as often as desired.

btw: How did you format the URL? I'm using: https://sub.domain.tld:port/path/

Edit: 908401, again. I can't reproduce the above discribed behaviour.

Edit2: Resolved - I tried with the demo access I provided to you and it worked. Turns out enpass can't handle the Synology option "Hide sub folders for users with no access right".......

Edited by nihebe

22 hours ago, nihebe said:

Edit2: Resolved - I tried with the demo access I provided to you and it worked. Turns out enpass can't handle the Synology option "Hide sub folders for users with no access right

Hi,

Enpass is made to work with generic WebDAV servers and as such any other custom server implementing WebDAV protocol should be compatible with it. However if your server/WebDAV provider has fine-grained permissions setup (which might interfere with Enpass working), it might pose problems for working of Enpass. To make things clear, here's how Enpass works with any WebDAV server -

1. Starts by connecting with WebDAV server via provided credentials, which just requires a request for directory listing for the given 'path.'
  2. If that 'path' listing contains an 'Enpass' directory, it'll search for existing synced files inside it and give you options on how to proceed further.
  3. Otherwise, it tries to create an 'Enpass' directory.
  4. If the files weren't found it proceeds to upload the current version of sync files.

In all, we need the following permissions -

• Directory listing for provided 'path' and 'path/Enpass.'
  • Download permissions for 'path/Enpass'
  • Upload permissions for 'path/Enpass'

Hope that helps you in configuring permissions on your server.

• 2 years later...