Enpass Discussion Forum

Multiple vaults for same cloud

freibeuter

Hello,

I think being able to sync multiple vaults with one cloud would be a big benefit! I love the idea of multiple vaults in Enpass, but having to use different clouds is a bit of a pain - I would like to have them all in one place.

Could you please add support of multiple vaults for the same cloud?

Thanks!

• Like 5

It's possible in the current version already. You just have to select a unique folder where to store another vault, it's not possible to store multiple vaults in the same folder. Maybe that's your problem? At least it works for me with nextcloud without any issues right from the beginning.

2 hours ago, xarekate said:

It's possible in the current version already. You just have to select a unique folder where to store another vault, it's not possible to store multiple vaults in the same folder. Maybe that's your problem? At least it works for me with nextcloud without any issues right from the beginning.

I don't think this works for common (not custom) cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive. Or at least, when I've created vaults I've never been asked where I want them stored within my cloud directory structure. If I'm missing something, I'd love to know what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have 8 vaults but i don't have 8 different cloud accounts. Each vaults has it's own name so I don't see why it is not possible to store in the same folder or to sync with one account.
Folder sync would be a very nice feature but it's not working properly. See cases below.
Case 1: I use Enpass on a Windows and on a linux machine. If I set the Folder sync on Windows then it's not working on Linux as Linux doesn't have drive letters and has different folder naming. If I change the folder on Linux then that won't work on Windows. Leg shot.
Case 2: I create a new vault on my computer and I configure Folder sync. There is no way to open this vault on mobile phone or on tablet because the path doesn't exist on mobile. Top of that the problem in Case 1 come up. Second leg shot.
Let me know if I'm doing something wrong!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1