Enpass Discussion Forum

Shortcut dont work proper

iSCSI

Hello,

i use Enpass 5.0.5 on Windows Desktop and the Extension 5.0.7 in Firefox.

When i try to login into a Website with the defined Shortcut, (STRG+Backspace in my case) i need two or three tries until the Popup appears.

Best Regards

Edited by iSCSI

Hi guys, 

Please share more details of your Windows Platform along with the keyboard layout (probably it is German). One of the possible reason could be that some other extension of Application is using the same keys combination and notified before Enpass extension. Please try by setting some other, less common shortcut for testing purpose and see if same problem occurs when you use that shortcut for autofilling. Also please mention if you are facing the same problem in other browsers as well.

Hi @Yogesh Kumar,

in my case the keyboard layout is German and I use Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit.

I think there is already a bug, when we set the shortcut. When I change the shortcut, it will not work always and I have to repeat the shortcut several times until I can see it in the settings.

Alos I changed several times the shortcut, but never it worked. I think the problem is, when we store the new shortcut. Something is there not working correctly.

If you need more information, then only ask.

Hi, here the same Windows 10 x64 with german keyboard layout.

Another Shortcut dont resolves the problem.

I think the shortcut is not the problem. I get the same behavior with a mouse click on the Browser Addin

Edited by iSCSI

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, same issue here, but a little more complicated setup: I use a Linux Mint 18 machine, with a German Macintosh keyboard layout, and Chrome as my browser. I have had the same problem on macOS 10.12 also with a German Macintosh keyboard and Chrome. From my testing it seems, that the browser plugin always detects US International keyboard layouts, so if you define your keyboard shortcut to be CTRL+# (which is located on the key directly right of the Ä-key), you'd have to press CTRL+SHIFT+3 instead. One combination that works, because the keys are the same is CTRL+, . Please try to detect the correct keyboard layout from the browser plugin as well, as the main application already does.

Sorry, forgot to mention: Using Enpass 5.3.0

Edited by niemalsnever

Hi @niemalsnever

53 minutes ago, niemalsnever said:

same issue here

could you please elaborate what exactly is the issue.

50 minutes ago, niemalsnever said:

that the browser plugin always detects US International keyboard layouts,

Yes the browser plugin will always detect US keyboard layout, but the shortcut will work on every keyboard layout as extension will capture "what keys are pressed", not "what character does key represent". For example if shortcut is set to "CTRL+#"  in german keyboard ,the extension will show it "CTRL+\".

33 minutes ago, Yogesh Kumar said:

Yes the browser plugin will always detect US keyboard layout, but the shortcut will work on every keyboard layout as extension will capture "what keys are pressed", not "what character does key represent". For example if shortcut is set to "CTRL+#"  in german keyboard ,the extension will show it "CTRL+\".

Unfortunately that does not work. Enpass settings are set to CTRL+\ (as in they show CTRL+\), when I'm pressing CTRL+# on my German keyboard (which if I understand you correctly should be recognized as CTRL+\), the extension does not activate. The screenshot attached shows the keyboard layout I'm using. If you say, the extension captures "what keys are pressed", are you talking about keycodes? According to showkey, the keys pressed for CTRL+# (on German keyboard) are:

keycode 29 - CTRL
keycode 43 - #

I hope this information might help to figure out, why CTRL+\ will not work on a German keyboard layout.

Selection_003.png

Hi @niemalsnever

We investigated your problem with german keyboard but did not found any bug.

On 03/10/2016 at 6:59 PM, niemalsnever said:

keycode 29 - CTRL
keycode 43 - #

The keycode captured by extension is 17 for CTRL and for 220 for # which in german keyboard is in place of backslash. You can check keycodes by yourself here.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Yogesh Kumar

unfortunately on my keyboard, and I assume on almost all German Keyboards (with 105 keys), the # key maps to keycode 191, keycode 220 is actually the < If you tested on a 104-key keyboard, which actually has the key you mentioned, it might be different. But with the keyboard layout I screenshotted above the shortcut CTRL+\ maps to CTRL+< on a German keyboard. Pressing CTRL+# (on the German keyboard) would map to CTRL+/ on a US keyboard.

Also, because it would be way too simple if it were otherwise, the keycodes I just mentioned also only apply to Google Chrome. In Firefox # is detected as 163, and there is no key which generates keycode 220. Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong, but at the moment a shortcut that works in Google Chrome does not neccessarily work in Mozilla Firefox...

Hi @niemalsnever

On 11/23/2016 at 5:19 AM, niemalsnever said:

shortcut that works in Google Chrome does not neccessarily work in Mozilla Firefox

Before delving more into this issue, I just want to make sure that you are having the latest release build 5.3.0 with Browser extension version 5.3.3. This will let you set the keyboard shortcut from the individual browser extension itself rather than the Enpass App. 

As these shortcut settings are stored in browser storage area, there is no means that they are shared among browsers, so you have to set it individually from the extensions only.  If you wants to use same shortcut across all browsers, then the same shortcut must be set on each browser. Also, once you set the shortcut from browser, then there is no way you can set shortcut from app.

The key codes may differ from browser to browser but the same key combination will work for autofilling in browser.

Please keep me posted.

Cheers!