xarekate

sub-tags

Hey @xarekate 

Unfortunately, from your comment, we could not quite understand what problem you are facing. Please explain the scenario bit more so that I can assist you better.

Thanks!

@Anshu kumar

I mean the lack of sub-tags on iOS in general.

If you create a sub tag e.g. on macOS like: "tag:sub-tag". Hence those sub-tags are still there in the appropriate item on iOS, but there are no sub-tags shown in the groups tab at all. So if you go to groups on iOS you can find categories, tags and other sections. But there are no sub-tags. Nowhere.

There neither exist a sub-tag section nor the sub-tags exist within the related tags.

I hope, now I described it more understandable.

Edited by xarekate

On 1/28/2019 at 7:14 PM, xarekate said:

If you create a sub tag e.g. on macOS like: "tag:sub-tag". Hence those sub-tags are still there in the appropriate item on iOS, but there are no sub-tags shown in the groups tab at all. So if you go to groups on iOS you can find categories, tags and other sections. But there are no sub-tags. Nowhere.

In Android and iOS, you can view the subtag by clicking on the parent Tag.

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

In Android and iOS, you can view the subtag by clicking on the parent Tag.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply! Yes, that's how I had imagined it should work... but this seems to be buggy. I have created a new sub-tag on my iOS device and now it's listed in the parent tag, but no one of my previously created sub-tags are listed in their appropriate parent tags! That's the problem.

Furthermore, I think I figured out what the cause is: when I add a new sub-tag on my Mac while editing an item - this sub-tag is listed on iOS as well after syncing, but if I just add a sub-tag on Mac without editing that item (using the right-click dialogue) - this sub-tag is not listed on iOS at all! And that seems to be a real problem, because I added all my sub-tags by just adding those and not by editing each item manually. So that's why I'm not seeing any of my Mac sub-tags at all ¬¬

update: Or better to say - there is even no pattern, it's just very buggy! Nothing works properly, it's a kind of Russian roulette if and when a sub-tag works on iOS, especially if you are creating them on another platform and just syncing. You have to take a closer look at it, because now it's not working at all. It's not possible for me to get existing sub-tags listed in the appropriate tags on my iOS devices.

Edited by xarekate