Enpass Discussion Forum

Password of Data on Google Drive/Dropbox Required?!?

Stephen M

With this new update my cloud sync was disabled so I tried to set it back up. When trying to do so, I get the error saying : "Sync Error. Password of Data on Google Drive (or Dropbox) Required. I've tried my enpass password and all variations of my dropbox and google drive passwords and nothing works. you have a "help" button that leads to a dead link. What is going on? Why can I not sync my data anymore? both my android app and desktop app are up to date with the most current version as far as I can tell since I updated them today.

Edited by Stephen M

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 11:36 PM, Stephen M said:

With this new update my cloud sync was disabled so I tried to set it back up. When trying to do so, I get the error saying : "Sync Error. Password of Data on Google Drive (or Dropbox) Required. I've tried my enpass password and all variations of my dropbox and google drive passwords and nothing works. you have a "help" button that leads to a dead link. What is going on? Why can I not sync my data anymore? both my android app and desktop app are up to date with the most current version as far as I can tell since I updated them today.

Hi @Stephen M

The error- Sync Error Password of Data on Google Drive (or Dropbox) Required means you need to enter the password of the Enpass file saved on the cloud account (Not your cloud accounts passwords). It generally happens when the password of Enpass local data and the file saved on the cloud have different passwords. To resolve, please enter the password of the cloud file.
In case, if you don't remember it, then either overwrite or delete the existing cloud file and re-configure the cloud sync.

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2019 at 5:47 AM, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @Stephen M

The error- Sync Error Password of Data on Google Drive (or Dropbox) Required means you need to enter the password of the Enpass file saved on the cloud account (Not your cloud accounts passwords). It generally happens when the password of Enpass local data and the file saved on the cloud have different passwords. To resolve, please enter the password of the cloud file.
In case, if you don't remember it, then either overwrite or delete the existing cloud file and re-configure the cloud sync.

How can you do this for Google Drive? It doesn't appear in any file location that's user accessable

Edit: Found it, Google Drive -> Settings -> Manage Apps

Edited by jidar
Found answer