Enpass Discussion Forum

[Roadmap] Allow to login into Desktop Applications

OLLI_S

Hello,

I really like Enpass, but one very important feature is missing: allow to login into Desktop Applications like:

• Steam
  • uPlay
  • Game Launchers (like “Elite Dangerous” or “Star Citizen”)
  • Database tools
  • Admin tools
  • etc

Please add a way to log into applications by pressing the Assistant-Hotkey.
To identify the correct application you may use the process name or (like KeePass) the window title (but this is not really secure).

Here is the documentation about the Auto-Type feature KeePass:
https://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html

KeePass protects the data while pasting using the Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation:
https://keepass.info/help/v2/autotype_obfuscation.html

Best regards

OLLI

Edited by OLLI_S
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I´m upping this. Except for TOTP, i don't need to autofill web-forms nowadays since I like most others since the sessions are cached.

I do on the other hand have password protections on many applications, like a dozen Cryptomator-vaults. Autotype and being able to set a custom sequence for those records is mandatory for me, hence I use KeeWeb atm. But I'll switch right back to enpass once autotype is implemented cause it awesome otherwise

• 1 year later...

Hey @Guillaume and All,

Thanks for showing your interest.

Significant user demand is a big factor that determines our priorities for new features. Due to frequently requested features like Website icons, include symbol feature and catching up with newly released OS/Devices, the priority of this went low. I'm really sorry to say that at the moment I can't assure you an ETA for the same.

Thanks.

• 3 years later...