Enpass Discussion Forum

CSV import not working

I started with exporting a CSV from my previous PW manager. Tried importing to just get the dreaded "nothing to import" error message. Here is what I tried next...

• Manually cleaned up the data in a spreadsheet program, resaved as CSV. Tried to import but "nothing to import"
  • Aligned all columns, threw out all data I didn't need, resaved. Tried again but "nothing to import"
  • Simplified to just 4 entries, each only having a Aligned all columns, threw out all data I didn't need, resaved. Tried again but "nothing to import"
  • Created a brand new file with only 2 entries. Tried again but "nothing to import"
  • Simplified to just 1 entry. Tried again but "nothing to import"

You are losing business because of your overly simple error messages. For a product of this kind, import is the most essential first user experience. Most users are far less technically inclined than myself and many wouldn't bother giving you feedback at all.

Thanks,

~A potential customer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

For logins Windows 

The csv file must respect the following structure (10 data fields):

"Title","Username","Email","Password","Website","TOTP Secret Key","Custom Field 1","*Custom Field 2","Note","Tags"

If some data does not exist, it is necessary nevertheless that the field is present by indicating a double quotation mark.

For example:

"Title","Username","Email","Password","Website","TOTP Secret Key","Custom Field 1","*Custom Field 2","Note","Tags"
"Enpass", "Ekalb","","MyPaswword","https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/login/","","","","",""

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I've been able to import with the structure mentioned above but:

This causes the entries to be loaded into Enpass INCLUDING the "" and new fields being added with names like "Title" or "Username" (again including the quotes)

As such I got it all in Enpass but the entries are useless.