Enpass Discussion Forum

BUG-ish(?): Pasting from Enpass to other apps includes invisible characters

100 Watt Walrus

Another corner-case bug:

When pasting content from an Enpass Item into other apps, some strange invisible characters can come along for the ride.

I'm not talking about extra lines (that's annoying, but hardly unique to Enpass).

I'm talking about the square ahead of the date in the screenshots below, which shows up at the front of anything you paste from Enpass into a cell in Microsoft Excel:

Copied from Enpass:

1435515467_2019-01-28copy-pasteinvisibles01.png.502a5ba23a480031f4f55cad6a274a65.png

Pasted into Excel (after double-clicking the cell to paste inside it):

227562559_2019-01-28copy-pasteinvisibles02.png.c6bba33f3f69c8d3de44aaf7c4aeb9e6.png

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi @100 Watt Walrus

Sorry to hear that. We will forward this to the dev team for further investigation. Meantime, please share the following details:

1. Does the problem occur only in the Notes field?
  2. Have you tried copying and pasting in a text editor?
  3. Have you tried to copy the same info from the Mobile app?

15 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:
  • Does the problem occur only in the Notes field?

It seems to happen with any field, and it happens whether you're coping from display view (i.e., just looking at an Item) or Edit view (i.e., you are in a field editing, and you select-all, copy, then paste into a cell in Excel)

Have you tried copying and pasting in a text editor?

Pasting anywhere but Excel seems to be fine. I tried pasting into Word, TextEdit (RTF), TextWrangler (plain text), and Postbox (email).

Have you tried to copy the same info from the Mobile app?

No, because I don't use Excel on mobile.

This is a really obscure corner case. I don't expect anything to come of it until you guys have nothing better to do :)I just figured it shouldn't go unreported.

To be clear, it happens only when double-clicking an Excel cell (so the cursor appears inside the cell), then pasting.