Enpass Discussion Forum

Latest version breaks webdav syncing.

I've used the following folder for syncing through Enpass 5.x, and until recently in Enpass 6.x (for Mac).

URL/remote.php/webdav/Documents/Encrypted%20passwords/

In the past few days, it auto-updated to 6.0.5, I'm not sure when. And now it refuses to use that folder. If I just use URL/remote.php/webdav that will work, but I don't want this spamming up my root folder. Can this be fixed so that I can use a specific subfolder again? I use Nextcloud for things *other* than Enpass, after all, and this is just very messy. It's actually something that will make me stop using Enpass if it isn't fixed. That's why I stopped using 1Password, they had funny ideas about where I should be able to sync my vault. 

I think it's because of the space used in your folders name. Somebody reported earlier there is a bug and Enpass can't handle the %20 in the current versions (although it was about the v 6.0.3, I think). Try it with a renamed folder like e.g.:

URL/remote.php/webdav/Documents/Encrypted_passwords/

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got 6.0.6 this morning, still broken.

This is unacceptable. The only feature that Enpass got right that no other password manager did was Webdav syncing. If 1Password had this, I would never have switched to Enpass.

I've been without syncing on my work machine for a month now. Thankfully I still have 5.x at home... but I have to wait until I'm off work to create any new internet accounts which I don't have access to from my work machine. What gives?

• Sad 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:00 PM, BrigoNortensson said:

Finally got 6.0.6 this morning, still broken.

And support wrote me in February:

" Me: “Enpass can no longer handle directories that contain a space.”

Support: This issue has been fixed and the update will be available in the next update. I will like to have your feedback after the update.

Thanks for your co-operation."

They have never tested it :(

• Sad 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:00 PM, BrigoNortensson said:

[...] The only feature that Enpass got right that no other password manager did was Webdav syncing. If 1Password had this, I would never have switched to Enpass. [...]

Same for me. For now I'm checking the new bug discussions in the forum but I'm not willing waiting for Enpass any longer. I have switched to Safeincloud using Webdav there. It has not as many features but the ones it has are stable....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

6.0.7 was waiting for me on my work computer (Macos) this morning.

Fails the same way as 6.0.6 and 6.0.5. 

Thankfully, I haven't upgraded to 6.x on my home computers... they're still usable. But I'm stuck in a position where my work computer only has the old passwords, and none of the new. And if I ever forget and add an account on the work computer, I'm going to have a hell of a time reconciling the two (as yet, the work computer's copy of the vault is some old snapshot).

Please fix this. I cannot wait forever. The only thing preventing me from switching is that I've yet to find another password manager that worked as well as Enpass 5.x for this particular feature. 

Hey @BrigoNortensson,

We are really sorry for the trouble you are going through.

We have checked this issue with the different WebDAV accounts and got some feedback from the customer that its working fine. It would be a great help if you can share the demo account of your WebDAV via PM so that we can check where the problem could be and try to fix asap.

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 1 month later...

I am now using 6.1.0 (390) on a Mac.

It still does not work. I cannot get it to sync, though it did in earlier versions.

At home, I'm still using 5.x ... because 6 is broken in a way that's unacceptable. The only killer feature that Enpass has that other password managers do not is the webdav sync. I will start looking for alternatives, and spend a long weekend laboriously transferring data from one to the other at some point in the future.

If I am willing to dump my passwords into the root directory of Nextcloud, it seems ok with that. But I need to be able to place my documents where they belong, not where software arbitrarily decides it should go.

I am attempting to sync to the url:

URL/remote.php/webdav/Documents/Encrypted%20passwords/

If that ends at "webdav", it will sync. This isn't a viable alternative for me. If I specify the folder to sync to, it fails. It may be an issue with the %20, but I've tried leaving that as a space and as a + character. Neither works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Anshu kumar,

I have waited quite a while and now found a new version 6.1.3 in the Mac AppStore. I removed all local data and tried to sync with my NextCloud again.

If I type the URL to the WebDav without https:// the client crashes immediately and if I type it with https:// it won't sync and the ball spins endlessly.

All my other clients, Win and iOS, work well with the same folder.

I am struggling with the WebDav issue ever since the 6.x.x released :-(

Thank you and kind regards,

Sebastian

• 9 months later...

I have solved my problem, after about a day's worth of troubleshooting.

Enpass 6.x does not handle spaces correctly in the webdav url. Spaces in a url should be encoded as %20, and that's what I tried. It would always fail to sync.

If I put them into a path that had no space, I could get it to sync to any arbitrary folder, so it wasn't a problem with arbitrary paths.

When I however use an actual space character in the url (instead of url encoding) suddenly it started working. I will now begin the process of upgrading to 6.x on all my devices (5.x was getting rather painful at this point, since there haven't been browser plugins in a long time). Mostly I was forced to figure it out, since iOS decided to upgrade my phone without my permission.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I also plan to switch from 1Password to ENPASS due to the inablity to sync 1Password with WEBDAV.

Is it possible to import the 1Password passwords to ENPASS? 1Password can export the passwords to TEXT or CSV files...

Edited by JPC