Enpass Discussion Forum

Latest version breaks webdav syncing.

Hi @JPC,

Thanks for using Enpass and writing to us.

Please have a look at our user manual regarding how to import data in Enpass from 1Password.

Regarding sync, we want to inform you that If you are using multiple vaults, then each vault needs to be synchronized with a separate cloud account. Although we mean different accounts by different cloud, not services, i.e., you can have multiple accounts on Dropbox and set up sync of different vaults with them.

But in your case, you are using the WebDAV/OwnCloud or Folder sync, then you can use the same cloud to sync different vaults by defining a separate path/folder for each vault.

8 hours ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @JPC,

Thanks for using Enpass and writing to us.

Please have a look at our user manual regarding how to import data in Enpass from 1Password.

Regarding sync, we want to inform you that If you are using multiple vaults, then each vault needs to be synchronized with a separate cloud account. Although we mean different

accounts by different cloud, not services, i.e., you can have multiple accounts on Dropbox and set up sync of different vaults with them.

But in your case, you are using the WebDAV/OwnCloud or Folder sync, then you can use the same cloud to sync different vaults by defining a separate path/folder for each vault.

Hi  @Pratyush Sharma,

thank you for your quick reply. I could now set up 2 vaults by specifying a different folder path for each vault. It works.

3 Suggestions:

1. After entering the WEBDAV server credentials: webdav/ (incl. user ID and PW), one is given the possibilioty to select the folder path where the Enpass data is being stored (by selecting the destination folder by mouse... browsing through the folder structure). That would make set-up a piece of cake. Now one has to enter the folder path manually (i.e. /webdav/level 1/level 2/level 3/)... this reminds a bit of MS-DOS times.
  2. It seems that Enpass by default creates a folder /Enpass/ to store its data in there. Can this be "switched off"? If one specifies the destination folder, there would be no need to again create an Enpass folder
  3. on the iOS Enpass APP,  there is not way to enter a <SPACE> upon entering the sync path. It makes it impossible to enter the backup path. If above point 1 would be solved, it would also solve this propblem.

And a question... is it understood corectly that the MacOS Enpass can create  more than on VAULTS in the free version, but the iOS version can only work with more than 1 vault in the paid version? This is not to be understood as a complaint, just to understand correctly. :)

Thank you and regards,

JPC

21 minutes ago, JPC said:

Hi  @Pratyush Sharma,

thank you for your quick reply. I could now set up 2 vaults by specifying a different folder path for each vault. It works.

3 Suggestions:

1. After entering the WEBDAV server credentials: webdav/ (incl. user ID and PW), one is given the possibilioty to select the folder path where the Enpass data is being stored (by selecting the destination folder by mouse... browsing through the folder structure). That would make set-up a piece of cake. Now one has to enter the folder path manually (i.e. /webdav/level 1/level 2/level 3/)... this reminds a bit of MS-DOS times.
  2. It seems that Enpass by default creates a folder /Enpass/ to store its data in there. Can this be "switched off"? If one specifies the destination folder, there would be no need to again create an Enpass folder
  3. on the iOS Enpass APP,  there is not way to enter a <SPACE> upon entering the sync path. It makes it impossible to enter the backup path. If above point 1 would be solved, it would also solve this propblem.

And a question... is it understood corectly that the MacOS Enpass can create  more than on VAULTS in the free version, but the iOS version can only work with more than 1 vault in the paid version? This is not to be understood as a complaint, just to understand correctly. :)

Thank you and regards,

JPC

The last comment is already understood - iOS requires a paid subscription for multiple VAULTS. I already purchased it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @shubharora734

Welcome to the forum!

Please share on which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass along with the Enpass version you using on each device?

On 12/11/2020 at 10:00 PM, shubharora734 said:

I've been without syncing on my work machine for a month now

Do you get any error code while syncing? If possible, share a screenshot of the error?