Enpass Discussion Forum

Congratulations!

Ramblinmanbill

Many (most?) software developers eventually get bored with a program and have the 'brilliant' idea of tweaking it.  They then tweak, tweak, tweak it to death and to the point that they completely eff it up (FIU), remember Windows 8 and many other programs?  Congratulations Enpass, you have reached the ultimate FIU-dom!  In that process, you have lost me, and I suspect others, leaving us searching for a replacement---too bad.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that you have such bad experiences with v6 of Enpass.

On upgrading my Linux, Android and Windows installations experienced no issues, also I have upgraded my clients using MacOS, iOS, Windows and Android without issue as well as introducing new users on Mac to v6.  Yes there was a learning curve and new ways to accomplish the same task (but that is where the forum came in really handy) and things have been added since the initial release but as yet no problems that actually stopped me or my clients using the programme.

There are of course many reasons that developers 'tweak' a programme and I cannot imagine that one of them is that they got bored.

• Confused 1

I had no really worth issues as well, but there are a lot of small and annoying bugs on all the platforms when you start using the app very actively. 

I really like the new features and in that way I’m totally disagreeing with the topic starters opinion, but unfortunately Enpass is in my eyes not ready yet that you can call it a stable version and making a forced upgrade to v6 was a big mistake (hopefully the Enpass team learned their lesson). I think at least 2-3 more month of beta testing would eliminate most of the issues and the inconvenience Enpass team caused to their users. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dentonthebear said:

Sorry to hear that you have such bad experiences with v6 of Enpass.

On upgrading my Linux, Android and Windows installations experienced no issues, also I have upgraded my clients using MacOS, iOS, Windows and Android without issue as well as introducing new users on Mac to v6.  Yes there was a learning curve and new ways to accomplish the same task (but that is where the forum came in really handy) and things have been added since the initial release but as yet no problems that actually stopped me or my clients using the programme.

There are of course many reasons that developers 'tweak' a programme and I cannot imagine that one of them is that they got bored.

Windows Hello still doesn't work as expected. Every single Enpass launch after a restart requires the Master Password. I got Enpass back in the day so WOULDN'T have to use passwords ever again. It was one of the first (if not the first) to use Windows Hello. Enpass also frequently reverts back to light theme without obvious reasons. Many other issues as well. V6, so far, has had ZERO benefits for me - other than that it is still supported.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 8:15 PM, Damasta said:

V6, so far, has had ZERO benefits for me - other than that it is still supported.

Exactly my sentiment.

On upgrade the sync broke instantly and then I found out I had to *pay* for an existing feature in v5 (TouchID on MacOS). So, actually v6 has LESS THAN ZERO benefits for me.

Am sticking with v5 for the forseeable future.

I also agree with above Developer comments - I was never a paid user for enpass & recently i decided to become a paid member, I would say, I was tricked as they released a paid feature for MACOS using fingerprinting. Nevertheless, Since the day i actually brought it, I never felt happy how dev's/qa team in enpass does their work. Every version have bugs - Sometimes it messed up browser-auth feature or sometimes the way it syncs.

Not to be a promoter of 1P which my org. uses for password management & which never broke at all while using. It is quite advisable to point out, That team enpass needs better QA TEAM and should have awesome Test-Automation Suite & Smoke Tests to eradicate such errors. It's a good product, Don't kill it - Please.

Edited by Vipul