Enpass Discussion Forum

Vivaldi/Chrome extension issues

1. Shortcut key in browser only works sporadically, however global shortcut always works
2. Enpass most of the time does not ask to save logins, I have to manually add them most of the time.
3. When using password generator to press autofill, it never works. I have to manually copy the password and the login information in these cases never get saved so I have to manually add the login details in enpass.

I've had these issues in the last couple of updates so it might not make a difference but here's my current setup:

macOS Mojave 10.14.2
Vivaldi: 2.3.1440.41 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
Enpass: 6.0.5 (306)
Browser extension: 6.0.0.68

I switched over to a "Opera" Browser. I am trying to download a "Chrome Enpass Browser Extension v5.4.3" as this is the only version I've found that is compatible with both the "Enpass Portable Password Manager", and the "Opera" Browser as an extension without installing the "Chrome Extension Installer", and without any bugs or fixes. v6.0.0 isn't working at all, this may be the solution for both browser issues.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @david ,

It would be a great help if you can share the URL of the website so that we can investigate further and try to fix asap.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hi Anshu, sorry I didn't respond, I missed the "notify me of replies" button.. is there anyway to always have this checked? Anyway, there is no actual specific page that this happens. Usually when it doesn't work, restarting the enpass app or the browser will make it work again (most of the time).. so it's, what can I say.. glitchy? It works fine in safari but I don't use safari..

So I updated the extension but the problem persists. The extension just doesn't seem to want to fill in things correctly.. If I copy from enpass and paste in the fields, it works so there's nothing wrong with the actual content of the saved login but if I try to autofill it either doesn't do anything or it just refreshes the page and nothing happens. sometimes it looks like if tills in the fields but then the page just "bounces". I tried to make a screenrecording showing what I mean, it's really blurry but I hope you see what's happening. I try first to use the extension twice which doesn't work and then I open the main window and copy the same content and paste it an voila.. I uploaded the video to dropbox, I hope it's vieawble..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6c9u0h8e3h1tdb/enpassvideo.mov?dl=0