Enpass Discussion Forum

Purchase outside of Microsoft Store

DetlefS

This seems a very poor business model - there are plenty of people willing to pay for the premium version but for various reasons wish to use the desktop version rather than the store version (including the ability to change the location of where enpass stores its data). So far your response has been to tell potential purchasers that you don't want their money!

Matthew

• Like 1

As an early adopter / user of Enpass and now having cause for concern, I am Curious to know is there a business reason for using the Microsoft store? From a user standpoint, IMHO Microsoft tends to be greedy and thereby your association with them gives the feeling of such on your part. In addition the change to a pro-version for what were previously published as a one time/life time purchase has jaded many a customer including myself. What was a beautifully simple, functional, common sense software product to organize and protect passwords has become unwieldy by Enpass Corp. agreeing to unnecessarily over complicate the software to answer the the constant criticisms and calls for "I need this, why doesn't it do that" and so the story goes on to produce something that frustrates more and more needy and demanding users requiring more complex software development adding costs, requiring new revenue, and simply missing the point; its about organizing and protecting passwords. Sorry for venting on the blogs but I thought the programmers should know there are people who were excited and are beginning to lose the excitement of such a good product because of what appears to be greed and unnecessary need on the surface.

• Like 1

I'm from South Africa and have been trying to purchase a number of premium licenses for windows desktop since the beginning of February without success. Have tied IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera - all with the same result as per the attached image. I have also asked the question via the "contact us" page if there is an alternative payment method available - still waiting for a reply. I also fail to understand the current business model - was looking for an alternative to Roboform - but alas....

2019-02-20_09-57-36.thumb.jpg.c238625db560c2bf81e3488b765d056d.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

enpass is a very good software , i have used other password managers and this is one of the best. 

I wanted to show appreciation for enpass and purchase premium features . but i have windows 8.1 . hence looks like i cant  get the premium features until i have windows 10.

concerns also is about  Purchase outside of Microsoft Store , will there be a direct buy option soon ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chadi said:

concerns also is about  Purchase outside of Microsoft Store , will there be a direct buy option soon ?

Sorry to say but currently we don't have any plans to sell Enpass other than Windows Store. However, I have forwarded your suggestion to the concerned desk for further consideration.

Thanks!

• Like 1