Enpass Discussion Forum

doesn't "ask to save new logins"

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 3:30 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @electrolund

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Can you please let me know on which website (along with URL) you are facing this problem, so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

Every website I've tried doesn't ask to save a password when using Vivaldi on Manjaro Linux.

In fact, I had to do a password recovery on this site to post this because it didn't save my password when I signed up.

Edited by Neph

Hi,

Same experience.

I just used this forum as a test for Enpass and it failed to ask me to save the new site credentials.

So i used your "i lost my password" feature (because there was no way to have access to the last generated password like with Lastpass) and ended up with a bullshit password.

To summarize:

Very poor first experience compared to competition that lead to use weak passwords.

When a product forces its users to act exactly against the purpose of the initial intent, you know your business will never fly.

Edited by holongate
typos

• 5 weeks later...

I also have this issue.. 

Currently any site that I sign up to Enpass does not save the initial password (including this one that I just tried). I have to log out and then back in for it to do so. 

The main issue is once you have logged out you are unable to log back in once you log out as your password is NOT saved, thus leaving you to a password recovery.

It is not very convenient you have to paste the password into notepad or the likes just to make sure you have it saved. 

I am coming over from Dashlane which does this with very minimal effort. 

Cheers

Edited by aikicoops
added info

Hi,

On 11/28/2016 at 3:42 PM, holongate said:

I just used this forum as a test for Enpass and it failed to ask me to save the new site credentials.

2 hours ago, aikicoops said:

The main issue is once you have logged out you are unable to log back in once you log out as your password is NOT saved, thus leaving you to a password recovery.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys! The issue comes when Enpass doesn't prompt you to save the password in keychain at the time it is created by Enpass password generator (Not happens with all the websites). But fortunately, there is a feature in password generator as Password history which shows you the last couple of password generated or used along with the domain name. Meanwhile, we fix this issue, please bear with us.

Thanks!

Show History.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Anshu.

Thank you for your fast support . I read somewhere in the Forum that Chrome better work, so i install Chrome and now loging to that sites also recognized by enpass  :-)

However, following Sites not working with Firefox :

https://www.paketnavigator.de/

https://www.huk24.de/

Regards

Marcus

Edited by .Marcus.

On 12/01/2017 at 11:48 AM, Anshu kumar said:

... It would be really helpful if you share the website URL where you facing this problem so that we can test.

Hi @Anshu kumar I've just faced the same issue with a fresh Enpass install (with setup downloaded today), Opera 42.0.2393.94 and extension v5.3.3.

You can test with this well known URL : https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/register/ :-)

@Hemant Kumar thanks for the tips of the generator history but it's not really intuitive for users coming from LastPass :-( Maybe a special category displaying the same history available directly from the Enpass interface would be very usefull !