MLevi

Restore works as Admin. Crash as User

Lubuntu 18.10 / Windows 10

Enpass 6.04

I am trying to restore my data from the Gdrive where data is sync'd to. While on both systems - Windows 10 & Lubuntu/admin restore went flawlessly. However, I get "Incorrect Password" message then it crashes when I try to restore on my User account.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi @MLevi ,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

It would be a great help if you can share the crash report mentioning your name in the comment box also please let me know the version of Enpass on both platforms so that we can investigate further.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Anshu

I still experience the same problem - even after the latest update. I even tried to restore from backups on my local storage. On both occasions (gdrive & local storage) it refuses to recognize my data p/w.

what is the status, please? - otherwise, I will have no choice but to drop enpass & use LastPass. thanks

Hey @MLevi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. 

We have tested this issue in our lab and were unable to reproduce it. Can you please confirm if you are facing the same problem with the latest version of Enpass 6.0.6. If yes, please share the crash report mentioning your name in the comment box so that we can investigate further. 

I  Still can't restore with "User" account - even from Data backup from the file on my laptop. I get the reply "something went wrong error -1".  you should have my previous crash reports. Nonetheless,   I will send my crash report when I see it. The only way to restore for me is to log out of User account and log in into "Admin" and do it there.

Note: I have not updated from Beta version - waiting for the final release

enpass.png.41a43d599bec43a472c24ca54078fe34.png

Hey @MLevi,

Can you please confirm the version of Enpass which you are currently running? In case if you are running older than v6.0.6 then please install the latest one and share your findings.

I am running version 6.0.6.323. I already have sent you crash report under my s/n. Hope you will find the problem and fix it

On admin account, it syncs flawlessly with  Gdrive. But on User one, it refuses to accept my enpass password.

I un-installed the s/w while on Admin & re-installed it on User Account (using Synaptic Package Manager - all to  no avail

It's frustrating

Hey @MLevi,

Thanks for writing back and share the details.

Based on the crash report can you please confirm have you changed the default data Location of Enpass in Enpass Advanced settings? If yes, please check if the particular location has read/write access permission. In case if you haven't changed the data Location please verify in User Document folder and check if the Enpass Folder has read/write permission.

If you have changed the data location, you can verify the location in /home/.config/sinew.in/Enpass.conf and look for ChangedLocationPath= {changed location}.

"Default Location" I gather you mean on the User Account or Admin?. Since on user I can't open it on I will try it on Admin

I will try and will report back

thanks

Anshu,

I did follow your advice and went to Admin Account (where enpass works) and changed the location of Data Vault to the one on "User Account". while on Admin, I opened the enpass and sure it accepts my Master P/W with no problem. ( I never do my usual work on Admin account - only on Seperae User one.)

BUT when I logout of Admin & login to my "User" account then try to sync data from Gdrive - enpass simply does not recognize my Mater P/W. On ver 5 it worked fine - only since I upgraded to 6.0

What am I doing wrong, It is really frustrating.

thanks for your help

After clean re-Install (vs. mere upgrade from 18.10 to 19.04) recovery from local drive went smooth. However,  on User-Account, I get the error -0 when trying to sync with Gdrive.

Hey @MLevi,

On 5/17/2019 at 2:41 AM, MLevi said:

However,  on User-Account, I get the error -0 when trying to sync with Gdrive.

Our dev team is looking into this issue. Till then please co-operate with us.