Enpass Discussion Forum

Impossible to share vault between Android and Desktop?

Jasp3r

On my laptop and desktop PC's I set up the vault location to a custom folder in my Google Drive.

On the android version however, I cannot select a custom file path, instead it uses a hidden App folder within Drive, which is inaccessible from anything other than the android app.

Am I missing something, or is syncing a vault to multiple devices impossible?

It should work automatically if you choose to sync with google drive. I think the problem occurs when choosing a file path for the backup file (and navigating locally on the computer to the google drive folder) For me working with google drive syncing from desktop and android device works fine, I didn't manually choose the path though. But I agree that it would be better if we could choose our own paths rather than them being chosen for us.. And then being inaccessible for anything but enpass.

• 4 weeks later...

So I have a related problem in that I setup my vault on my a Android phone then tried setting up enpass on my Linux laptop and after I said check restore my existing data, I click on Google drive, it opens up chromium asks me to choose which account, then allow enpass to access the account, I hit allow it goes back to enpass and says "sorry we could not find any enpass data on this Google drive account. Please make sure your data exists on Google drive." The Android app says it's backing up the vault to that Google drive. 

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem I would be grateful. 

5 hours ago, Pshaffer said:

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem I would be grateful. 

It's not much of a "fix" but what I chose to do since the backup-files aren't visible or searchable in gdrive and that bugs me, I moved my syncing to dropbox instead. Enpass puts the files in the Apps -folder. It seems like you can choose to sync to "local folder" on your computer and choose your dropbox/Apps folder also, if you'd rather do that. On android just sync to dropbox. 

At least that solution seems to work for me. The google drive implementation seems redundant, sorry..