Enpass Discussion Forum

Importing data with "Categories"? (CSV)

gabeweb

Hello there, 

Previously I reported a bug when importing passwords from a generic CSV file (the early revisions of Enpass 6 did not recognize the "tag" field), however I have realized that Enpass 6 does not recognize the category of data imported from a generic CSV file (it only works when you create the items in Enpass). 

Passwords, for example, when importing them should appear in the "Login" category, either automatically (because I'm supposed to be importing passwords) or if the CSV file is a dedicated field called "Category", which is curiously displayed when you export the security store as a JSON file. 

I would like the Enpass team to do some review, allowing the official format to add a column called 'Category', leaving this way: 

Title,Username,Password,Website,Note,Tags,Category 

(Bitwarden, for example, has the field with the name "Type", but the categories are limited to 4: "login", "card", "identity" and "note").

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Ps: I still wait to see soon a portable version of Enpass 6 or unless the extensions for browsers can work independently (optional, as Dashlane does).