Enpass Discussion Forum

Restore from backup option gone?

justaguy

In the Android app, I can no longer find the option to restore from a backup file. Can anyone tell me where it is? There even used to be a "restore over wifi" service.

But I can find no options to restore now. 

The closest option I can find is "Erase everything", but this will also wipe all settings. I just want to restore a backup file. 

It appears to be lost from Windows as well. I have submitted a request to Enpass to restore. Without the ability to restore, and to keep devices sync'd I will need to be searching for another password software soon. I will not sync outside my own home network, and it took a long time to find Enpass.......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hey guys,

I would like to share that unlike Enpass v5 there is no Restore option in the Enpass v6 settings. In v6 'Restore' option appears only in two scenarios:

• When the app is newly/freshly installed.
  • Creating a new vault. (The app is already installed and contains database).

So if you want to Restore an existing Backup into Enpass v6 then follow these steps:

Restoring data from PC to Mobile

Step 1: Taking Backup from PC

• Open Enpass on PC and take a backup via Menu > File > Backup > Save it.

Step 2: Restoring Backup into Mobile

• Open Enpass on Mobile and go to Settings > Advanced > Erase Everything.
  • The Welcome screen appears. Choose WiFi under the Backup option and restore the database.

Restoring data from Mobile to PC

Step 1: Taking Backup from Mobile

• Open Enpass on mobile and take a backup via Settings > Advanced > Backup > Wireless Network > Save it.

Step 2: Restoring Backup into PC

• Open Enpass on PC and go to Settings > Advanced > Erase Everything.
  • The Welcome screen appears. Choose Files under the Backup option and locate the saved backup.

Repeat the same steps whenever you want to restore a database. Also, we are working adding WiFi sync and will be available in future updates.

Thanks!

This is very disappointing. Why would you remove such a useful feature that we rely on? I regularly restore my passwords from my PC to my phone every couple weeks, because I manage my passwords on my PC. 

By the way, you guys had promised to add the ability to sync between phone and PC for a long time now, but that feature never came. It seems you guys are really pushing everyone to sync in the cloud, but the very reason many of us use Enpass is because we don't want our passwords on any cloud; we want our passwords to remain offline and managed only locally between our devices. 

Please support your offline users! We're your most dedicated fanbase, because we recognized Enpass as the only manager that truly puts the user in control, and the best part of that control is keeping our passwords offline. 

Edited by justaguy
  • Like 1