Enpass Discussion Forum

Browser extension copy generated password

jakejohn

The browser extension needs the feature to copy the generated password when you "Fill" the browser.  Fill & Copy.

Here's what's happening to me WITHOUT the feature:

Generate the password.

Fill the password to the web page.

The web page accepts the password.

But....Enpass didn't capture the password!  So now I have a new web page login, without the password!  Enpass didn't copy the password, nor did Enpass create a new login account in the Enpass App.

Other Option:

Enpass extension should figure out why it's not capture a new login on the web page.  But at least having the password in the clipboard is better than nothing.

Other Option:

Fill & Create new login button.

Enpass Password Manager extension for Chrome

Version 6.0.0.1

• Like 1

Hey @jakejohn,

Thanks for your suggestion.

9 hours ago, jakejohn said:

The browser extension needs the feature to copy the generated password when you "Fill" the browser.  Fill & Copy.

I would like to share that Enpass Extension already have the option Fill and Copy while generating the password.

password.PNG.c8b1b54acb935372f0cb71fd82026f38.PNG

9 hours ago, jakejohn said:

Generate the password.

Fill the password to the web page.

The web page accepts the password.

But....Enpass didn't capture the password!  So now I have a new web page login, without the password!  Enpass didn't copy the password, nor did Enpass create a new login account in the Enpass App.

I would like to share that when you generate password through Enpass password generator (Either from App or Enpass browser extension), it keeps a record of the password that you used, along with their respective timestamps. For more details please refer our user manual.

Hope this helps!

Here's what I see....clutter and inconsistencies that can be improved.

Enpass Desktop App:

No Fill & Copy.

Two buttons for copy, and another "..." button for more, but still missing fill/copy.

image.png.033aeb3f0017be86ef4f35cc00a4a256.png

Enpass Browser Extension:

There are 3 buttons to Copy, Fill, and "...".

image.png.33cababfdc872da22295a60c1b68423f.png

Also, Fill & Copy really needs to be the default since the Extensions frequently misses the trigger to capture the web page's new login and save it.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, this needs to be improved. It's by far the largest annoyance I have with Enpass.

I think that the best solution would be that if you select Copy you will be prompted to save an entry with that password the next time you open the extension.

Also, there really should be a "Add a new Login" button somewhere in the extension.

The History feature is nice, but not very apparent... there are several times I wish that I would have known that it existed.