Enpass Discussion Forum

Selective sync and WiFi sync

mrk

1) Is it possible to sync a subset of passwords/entries in a vault from my Mac to my iPhone. I have several hundred passwords on my Mac but would like to have only a subset of them on my iPhone. It think it is possible to sync only specific vaults, but I'd rather be able to mark/designate specific passwords in a vault to be synced to my iPhone.

2) It would be nice if I could perform this sync locally, using WiFi, rather than over the internet.

Thanks.

Hey @mrk,

Thanks for writing in.

On 3/16/2019 at 11:31 PM, mrk said:

1) Is it possible to sync a subset of passwords/entries in a vault from my Mac to my iPhone. I have several hundred passwords on my Mac but would like to have only a subset of them on my iPhone. It think it is possible to sync only specific vaults, but I'd rather be able to mark/designate specific passwords in a vault to be synced to my iPhone.

Sorry to say no! You can make it work by creating a new vault.

On 3/16/2019 at 11:31 PM, mrk said:

2) It would be nice if I could perform this sync locally, using WiFi, rather than over the internet.

The feature of the WiFi sync is already in our roadmap and will be available with the subsequent update.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/21/2019 at 1:21 PM, Damasta said:

They don't. Anywhere. Because your vault is encrypted. You could post it on Facebook and no-one would be able to get inside.

But there is absolutely NO NEED to put the (encrypted, yes) honeypot under their nose. Absolutely NONE.

Without LOCAL sync possibilities Enpass is unfortunately NO SOLUTION for me. Which is very unfortunate, as it otherwise looks really good (feature-wise) and got many recommendations in various forums on the web out there.

But local sync (via WLAN, and also via shared folders on a NAS, to sync between desktop computers) is a VERY BASIC MUST-HAVE for me. 1Password supports both (WLAN, shared folders), but is pushing me away with their subscription/cloud „politics“.

This is your chance, guys! Take it! Make WLAN/folder sync happen!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Till said:

But there is absolutely NO NEED to put the (encrypted, yes) honeypot under their nose. Absolutely NONE.

Without LOCAL sync possibilities Enpass is unfortunately NO SOLUTION for me. Which is very unfortunate, as it otherwise looks really good (feature-wise) and got many recommendations in various forums on the web out there.

But local sync (via WLAN, and also via shared folders on a NAS, to sync between desktop computers) is a VERY BASIC MUST-HAVE for me. 1Password supports both (WLAN, shared folders), but is pushing me away with their subscription/cloud „politics“.

This is your chance, guys! Take it! Make WLAN/folder sync happen!

+1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, Anshu kumar said:

[...] The feature of the WiFi sync is already in our roadmap and will be available with the subsequent update. [...]

Any news on this topic? We are already on Version 6.4.1 and still no WiFi sync. 

Edited by Statim

• 1 year later...

Hello @all,

Today, we're thrilled to release Enpass Beta v6.7 with one of the most awaited features- Wi-Fi Sync. This feature lets you sync data across devices using the local network or Wi-Fi, without using any third-party cloud service. For more information, please check out the Wi-Fi Sync webpage.

For more details refer to this Forum post:

Thank you.