Enpass Discussion Forum

Possible bug when changing passwords

BATeller

Build/Setup:

Chrome Web Browser - Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Enpass Password Manager Chrome Extension - Version 6.0.1

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.4 on Mac mini (Late 2012)

Enpass - 6.0.6 (326) Desktop

Problem:

Changing a password changes the wrong password entry within Enpass (using the extension)

Repeatable:

Yes

When it happens:

1) login to a web site (we'll call this 'Site #1') using Enpass/Chrome Password Manager

2) Change the password on Site #1 using the Site #1's change password function (sometime using Chrome's recommended password, sometimes not)

3) Hit the "Update Password" box within the Enpass Extension pop-up (Important Note: The Enpass Extension shows the correct entry for Site #1)

4) Hit the "Update Password" box (if prompted) from the Chrome Password Manager

5) Open a new tab (or use same tab), go to a new web site (we'll call this 'Site #2') using Enpass/Chrome Password Manager

6) Change the password on Site #2 using the Site #2's change password function (sometime using Chrome's recommended password, sometimes not)

7) Hit the "Update Password" box within the Enpass Extension pop-up (Important Note: The Enpass Extension shows the correct entry for Site #2)

8) Go to Enpass Desktop software, sort by "Modified Time".

Sometimes the password updated in Step #7 above will NOT be Site #2 but will be Site #1

Not sure the EXACT condition that causes this vs doesn't, but i've had it happen around 6 times now (I'm going through all my web passwords and updating them)

If any more information or clarification can be helpful, please let me know. If this has already been addressed, my apologies. If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.

I'll update if I get more specific information on when it happens vs doesn't. Although I do know its somewhat predictable as I've ran into it multiple times.

To avoid this problem I've been ignoring the Enpass Extension pop-up asking me to update the password and have been manually updating via the Enpass Desktop app.

Edited by BATeller
Added 'Important Note' to Step #3 & #7

• 1 month later...