Enpass Discussion Forum

FEATURE REQUEST: Setting your own default template

100 Watt Walrus

The Enpass Assistant doesn't do a very good job of asking about saving credentials when you sign into a new site (about half the time it doesn't even ask), and the user is given no choice as to which template is used when this happens. I've been forced to turn off this feature because it works so poorly, and it won't let me choose my template.

I'm requesting that Enpass allow the user to chose which template is their default, and that the process for creating a new Item, whether through the app or the Assistant, start with that template, not with the multi-step process of choosing a template.

For example, in the app, clicking the [+] should immediately bring up the user's chosen default template. Then there should be a "choose different template" button. This way, you only have to go through the choose Vault > choose Template Type > choose Template process on the rare occasion that you don't want to use your default.

I've had to create my own workaround because the software's process is such a hassle: I've created an Item that is my template, and named it "(Template)" so the parentheses put it at the top of the items list when sorted by title. Then when I need to create a new item, I select my (Template), CMD+D to duplicate it, then edit the duplicate. This saves many steps that wouldn't be necessary if users could choose their own default, and have it come up every time you start a new Item.