Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Extension 5.5.3 not working with Chrome 73.0.3683.86

Bowjest

Hi,

Chrome auto-updated my Enpass extension to a version that is not compatible with my Enpass installation. This resulted in the extension no longer working in Chrome.

I went to the Enpass site and downloaded an earlier version of the extension (5.5.3) and followed the instructions for turning on developer mode in Chrome, but it still doesn't work. I get the errors as shown in the attached screenshot.

There are multiple instances of these errors or similar.

Is there an earlier version I can use or can someone advise how to get around this problem? Chrome is my main browser, so not having Enpass support is a real pain. :)

Thanks,

Bowjest

Enpass_Screenshot.png

Hey @Bowjest

Sorry for the troubleshooting you are going through.

Please share some more info so that we can help you better.

• Which OSX version are you using?
  • Which Enpass version are you using?
  • Are you using any Antivirus or third-party security-related extension?
  • Are you using Proxy/Firewall?

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hi Anshu,

Sorry for not including that information.

I'm using:

• OSX version Yosemite 10.10.5 (14F27)
• Enpass version 5.6.9 (151)
• I have no third-party security-related extensions of any kind installed
• I'm not using a proxy or firewall

Just to confirm: I can't upgrade to a newer version of Enpass because a newer version isn't compatible with my current installation of OSX. I can't upgrade OSX because this would conflict with apps I need for my work.

Everything was working perfectly until Chrome updated/upgraded my Enpass extension to a newer version. This was when the problem started.

I really hope this helps.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Bowjest

Hey @Bowjest,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I will really appreciate if you can perform following troubleshooting steps and share the output via support@enpass.io

Verify from the 'Activity Monitor' if an executable with the name 'Enpass Helper' is running. If yes, please run this command in the terminal and share the results: 

• lsof -i:10391

Where 10391 is the port number and if there is no output (blank), please try with other port numbers between 10391 to 10395. 

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hi Anshu,

Thanks for your message. I've checked my inbox and seen the email, but I need confirmation that the version of Enpass the support team is suggesting I use will actually run on my system.

I'm on Yosemite and cannot upgrade because of software conflicts.

I'm just waiting for a reply from support as to whether the version they would like me to try is compatible with my system.

Regards,

Bowjest

Hi Anshu,

I'm very happy to say that after following the steps outlined by the support team and using the new version of the software and Chrome extension you linked them, everything seems to be working fine again. :)

Thank you very much again for your help. This will make my life so much easier now!

Regards,

Bowjest

• Like 1

Hi Anshu,

Unfortunately, I now find after going through the steps above the Enpass extension for my Firefox browser now no longer works.

I'm using Enpass version 5.6.12.(158)
Firefox version 65.0.1 (64-bit)
I do not have automatic update enabled for Firefox.

When clicking on the Enpass extension in my browser toolbar I get the follow page/message:

"Enpass Connection Error

Please make sure that Enpass desktop application is installed and running, and you have enabled browser extension from Enpass Settings."

I uninstalled the extension and installed the newest version, but it is not compatible with my current Enpass installation. I then uninstalled that and went to the Enpass website and installed an older extension from here:

https://www.enpass.io/support/where-can-i-download-older-version-of-enpass/

I can confirm that Enpass is running and the extensions for Safari and Chrome work without issue (currently).

Can someone please help with this? I can only assume something about the steps I carried out yesterday have caused the problem with my Firefox extension.

Regards,

Bowjest

Hey @Bowjest,

We have already notified this issue to the dev team and currently, our dev team is busy in the next major update of Enpass 6.1.  Sorry to say but for now, I can't say how much time it will take to fix this issue. So I request you to please use Chrome and Safari until the issue gets resolved.

Thanks for your understanding!

• 7 months later...