Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Beta v6.0.8 brings Autofill support for Chromebooks, App Shortcuts and more!

Vikram Dabas

Hi Enpassians!

We know our beloved Chromebooks users have been missing the Enpass autofill functionality since the release of v6 and finally, it's here. Along with this, the beta update v6.0.8 brings:

• Autofill support in Chromebooks: Say howdy to all new Enpass Password Manager extension for Chromebook which makes filling details in Chrome browser easier than ever. Install the exclusive beta extension from here http://bit.ly/2TKsq0Q and share your experience.
  • App Shortcuts: Introducing the App Shortcuts in Enpass and making it easier for our beloved users to Search, Add or access Favorites items quickly. Users can reveal the shortcuts by long-pressing the Enpass app's launcher icon avoiding the need for additional navigations.
  • Better Dark Mode: Bringing the true Dark mode to the Enpass app and making it easy on the eyes.
  • Fast Scrolling: The app now keeps the scrolling smooth for the lists of content, by offering the Fast Scroller. It allows you to drag a scrollbar to scroll to wherever you wish quickly.
  • Fixed an issue where the text got truncated in the Greek language.
  • Minor improvements and fixes. 

Get your hands on this beta version and share your valuable feedback. If there are other improvements you’d like to see, please leave a comment below.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hallelujah! Just signed into the Enpass forums using it. I've been going absolutely nuts trying to do this in the past on a Pixel Slate which, when no keyboard or mouse is attached, acts as a tablet and not a clamshell so the enpass interface took over the entire tablet and not just as a window. So far, so good.

One thing that I noticed: when Enpass locks due to inactivity after using it, the window pops back up (Clamshell mode for ChromeOS; haven't yet seen it do this on Tablet mode). Minor annoyance, but it literally interrupted me as I was typing this. Any way to stop it from popping up when it locks?

Hi @databoy2k

13 hours ago, databoy2k said:

One thing that I noticed: when Enpass locks due to inactivity after using it, the window pops back up (Clamshell mode for ChromeOS; haven't yet seen it do this on Tablet mode). Minor annoyance, but it literally interrupted me as I was typing this. Any way to stop it from popping up when it locks?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The issue has been shared with the dev team, and we will try to resolve it in the coming update.

Hi @Damasta

3 hours ago, Damasta said:

Still no real windows hello support... After 4.5 months... When is that coming? 

Unfortunately, we do not know of an ETA we can provide for you as there is a user interface issue in Windows Hello dialogue when used in Win32 apps. We are in talks with Microsoft Hello team regarding it, but there is no apparent fix soon. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

On 4/9/2019 at 6:13 PM, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi Enpassians!

We know our beloved Chromebooks users have been missing the Enpass autofill functionality since the release of v6 and finally, it's here. Along with this, the beta update v6.0.8 brings:

• Autofill support in Chromebooks: Say howdy to all new Enpass Password Manager extension for Chromebook which makes filling details in Chrome browser easier than ever. Install the exclusive beta extension from here http://bit.ly/2TKsq0Q and share your experience.
  • App Shortcuts: Introducing the App Shortcuts in Enpass and making it easier for our beloved users to Search, Add or access Favorites items quickly. Users can reveal the shortcuts by long-pressing the Enpass app's launcher icon avoiding the need for additional navigations.
  • Better Dark Mode: Bringing the true Dark mode to the Enpass app and making it easy on the eyes.
  • Fast Scrolling: The app now keeps the scrolling smooth for the lists of content, by offering the Fast Scroller. It allows you to drag a scrollbar to scroll to wherever you wish quickly.

Get your hands on this beta version and share your valuable feedback. If there are other improvements you’d like to see, please leave a comment below.

Cheers!

Hey! Finally the chromebook extension, thank you so much, but there is one problem I have with it: I can't set a shortcut to autofill automatically.. With the "default" enpass chrome extension I can set an own shortcut and enable "autofill without showing the enpass assistant" - and bam, I only need to press my shortcut to autofill.

And I can't use the arrow keys to go to an entry (to click enter to autofill it).. Right now with a chromebook without touch, it's a bit annoying :)

Hi Enpassians!

Cheers!

And I've found a bug if you want to say so: When I start my chromebook and click on the extension to autofill, I'm asked for the password and when I typed it in, I get the list with all my entries and not just the entries for this specific website.. I need to close and open the extension again to finally only see the entries for this specific website! :)

Hi Enpassians!

Cheers!

And another 2 bug: 

1. When I click on the cards tab there is one card "behind" the tabs on the bottom, but it's the last one and the extension does not allow me to scroll down to show it entirely:

image.png.2786638b544198f6977ec399e068b637.png

You can see that it's not fully visible, but I can't scroll down to see the complete card! :)

2. When the "safe" is getting locked after a minute or so the extension is getting visible again, which is a bit annoying. (Only happens when you unchecked "lock on leaving")

Edited by djohannes

Hi Enpassians!

Cheers!

Is it normal that there is always a notification "Enpass Autofill Service, click here to connect"? Bit annoying to always have this 1 in my taskbar :)

55 minutes ago, CaptainBDSC said:

Okay, I feel ridiculous asking this. But how do you get Enpass beta for Chrome OS? I am new to Chrome OS...

You need to opt in to the Android Beta of Enpass. Just go to the Enpass Page in the Play Store, there you can find a button to opt in.

Now download Enpass via the Play Store on your Chromebook and the Beta extension linked above and enjoy Enpass!

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, djohannes said:

You need to opt in to the Android Beta of Enpass. Just go to the Enpass Page in the Play Store, there you can find a button to opt in.

Now download Enpass via the Play Store on your Chromebook and the Beta extension linked above and enjoy Enpass!

Thank you!

On 4/16/2019 at 8:16 AM, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @djohannes

Many thanks for your valuable feedback. All the issues have been noted and shared with the QA for further investigation.

I appreciate your patience while we work through this.

One more feedback: Sometimes, when I wake up my chromebook I get a connection error website from the enpass extension, there I can just wait a few sec longer and it automatically disappears or I click on connect. Maybe you could let the extension wait a few sec longer before opening this error page? It's currently annoying, at basically every restart of my chromebook I get this error page for 3-4 sec.. 

• Like 1

Hi Team,

I am seeing Enpass Extension or Service on my Chromebook peg my CPU very hard. I am guessing the task manager shows percentage of CPU load per task. It shows Enpass hitting my CPU between 250-350%? When it is like that my estimated battery life goes down to 2hrs from a full charge, and once I kill the task my battery life goes up to 5-6hrs. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same results, though not right away. Overnight the behavior came back.

Screenshot attached

-Brent

Screenshot 2019-04-19 at 9.48.11 AM.png

Edited by CaptainBDSC
Added Screen Shot

9 hours ago, CaptainBDSC said:

Hi Team,

I am seeing Enpass Extension or Service on my Chromebook peg my CPU very hard. I am guessing the task manager shows percentage of CPU load per task. It shows Enpass hitting my CPU between 250-350%? When it is like that my estimated battery life goes down to 2hrs from a full charge, and once I kill the task my battery life goes up to 5-6hrs. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same results, though not right away. Overnight the behavior came back.

Screenshot attached

-Brent

Screenshot 2019-04-19 at 9.48.11 AM.png

Oh god, I'm not the only one! I was wondering why my fan is so loud since some days, now I realised that it's Enpass and I wanted to report it here right now, and saw your comment! Especially when I wake up my Chromebook from suspend, my fan is spinning at 100% for ever, because Enpass is using 100% of the CPU for ever, if I don't reboot my Chromebook! And the Chromebook is getting really really hot!

@Vikram Dabas Please fix this fast, the other bugs are just small ones but this one hurts the battery very hard and it's also not great to have my fan's spinning at 100% for ever after suspend..

Edit: I noticed that after I switched off my WIFI the enpass app was instant at 100% and I needed to force close it.

Edited by djohannes
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 2:01 PM, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @Damasta

Unfortunately, we do not know of an ETA we can provide for you as there is a user interface issue in Windows Hello dialogue when used in Win32 apps. We are in talks with Microsoft Hello team regarding it, but there is no apparent fix soon. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

So you're telling me that it's Microsoft's fault that I need to use my Master Password once after restarting and never again thereafter? I'm sorry, but that sounds like the usual lame excuse people give when an app doesn't work: "it's Microsoft's / Windows' fault". It always is.

It isn't, It's your fault. You took an awesome product (Enpass V5 UWP) and broke it by abandoning UWP and moving to Qt. Too many long standing, loyal users all over the store and this forum are frustrated as he*l. New customers never knew Enpass V5 so they don't realize what was lost. You spent about a year in beta, so assuming you knew Hello didn't work with Qt, you went ahead with the platform anyway, knowing it was broken.

Most other leading password managers in the store don't seem to suffer from this problem. Oh, wait - most of them are universal! I forgot. And somehow, they also managed to build browser extensions too. And support other platforms.

C'mon … how hard can it be?

Hi @CaptainBDSC @djohannes

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this. It is undoubtedly an issue out of the norm that we'd like to address ASAP. It has already been shared with the QA team, and they are currently investigating it. I will be in touch as soon as I get an update from them.

Till then I appreciate your patience and co-operation.

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2019 at 6:54 AM, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @CaptainBDSC @djohannes

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this. It is undoubtedly an issue out of the norm that we'd like to address ASAP. It has already been shared with the QA team, and they are currently investigating it. I will be in touch as soon as I get an update from them.

Till then I appreciate your patience and co-operation.

Hey Vikram, I noticed that there is a new beta for the extension and that it now works with the PC version and the Chromebook (Android/Play Store) App, which is awesome! Finally I don't need two enpass extensions (as Chrome is always syncing them), but when I right click the extension and click on "Options" I only get the keyboard shortcut option on the PC, not on my chromebook.. why? And I still can't use my arrow keys to navigate in the extension itself on chromebook, but still.. nice update! : )

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was right in on this beta until I started noticing my Pixel Slate getting hotter than Hades. Turns out the bug that was highlighted almost a month ago wherein Enpass consumes your entire device was still not fixed. There's the brutally obvious typo in the "Enpass service" that runs in the notifications menu (or, is it officially the "Enpass Serice"?), an entry which I assume is not going to be mandatory in the final release but has persisted throughout the beta. I've continued to have the "popup" issue that I reported back on April 9. I at least haven't seen any updates to the app or the extension since the first day (although maybe the extensions are being updated silently? I didn't record the version number when first installed). And there certainly hasn't been an update in this thread.

Would it be possible to get two things for those of us offering up our time and devices to help you guys beta test your software?

1. Regular updates to the beta software, perhaps monthly or bi-weekly, like most software that is considered "early release"? I'm thinking of, say, LineageOS/Cyanogenmod with even daily Jenkins builds for the truly bleeding edge stuff. We're probably here because we're comfortable with seeing things break and change, so we're also willing to help you guys test out those changes. We don't expect Beta 1 to go straight to RC overnight; hit us with a few more of these bug filled betas so that you can get lots of feedback on your fixes.
  2. Updates in this thread as to if and when updates are coming out, what to look for, and just generally some transparency? Even just a post highlighting the different beta versions and changes between them for each of the app and the extension as a minimum, or identifying the changes in the next beta with a ballpark release date as a stretch goal, would go a long way towards exchanging some goodwill with us in this thread.

At this point, I've bowed out of the beta and gone back to stable. I can live with bugs, issues, even some instability from a beta. What I can't live with is problems without some indication that they are, or will be shortly, fixed when they're highlighted. I personally don't feel like my feedback and time is appreciated without either or both of my points above. I'm not asking you guys to open source your software, but if you're going to run a beta at least let us in on the actual development of that beta insofar as our feedback is concerned.

Depending on how long this beta takes to fix these issues or get to stable, I might end up having to revert back to Keepass or to another chromeos supporting service. Copying and pasting on the Slate without a keyboard is a complete pain in the arse that overcomes the ease of use with Enpass.

Hi @databoy2k

Thank you for taking the time out to write and express your grievances. I agree with you that the Beta releases got delayed and it’s quite unfortunate that we didn’t roll out a single one in the past month.

Your feedback has been duly acknowledged, and we will assess it to deduct measures we can adopt to prevent issues of this nature in subsequent times. Also, I will keep you updated with the development progress.

Please accept our sincere apology for the unpleasant experience we have caused you. We aspire to keep our most valued customers, and we hope to serve you better in the future.

Thank you for your support!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @databoy2k

Thank you for taking the time out to write and express your grievances. I agree with you that the Beta releases got delayed and it’s quite unfortunate that we didn’t roll out a single one in the past month.

Your feedback has been duly acknowledged, and we will assess it to deduct measures we can adopt to prevent issues of this nature in subsequent times. Also, I will keep you updated with the development progress.

Please accept our sincere apology for the unpleasant experience we have caused you. We aspire to keep our most valued customers, and we hope to serve you better in the future.

Thank you for your support!

But this is a beta release, and as such as most other companies say are not necessarily ready for prime-time use.

Hi All,

We have released another beta update v6.0.8.212 which will fix the high CPU usage and other critical issues. Please install this update and let me know if you still encounter any problem. The details are here:

Waiting for your valuable feedback.

Cheers!