Enpass Discussion Forum

How it should work with with Enpass 5.x for Windows Modern

Hi,

I´ve installed new version of Enpass for Windows 10, specifically version 5.1 yesterday. Therefore I´ve uninstalled previous version of Enpass = Enpass Desktop.

Unfortunately Opera extension doesn´t work anymore as it requires running Enpass Desktop version, getting following note:

Enpass Connection Error

Please start Enpass desktop app and make sure you have checked "Enable Browser Extension" in Enpass Preferences, before using Enpass Browser Extension.

´m quite confused to be honest as I do not know how it´s supposed to work. I do not want to have two installed Enpass version on the same computer, it doesn´t make sense at all.

Please advise.

Edited by petr.mahdal

Hi @Petr.mahdal, The Current UWP App doesn't support the external browser extensions due to unavailability of required APIs to communicate with third party Apps i.e Opera Browser in your case. So to use browser extensions you have to stick with the traditional Windows PC App.  

We are also eagerly waiting for the time when Microsoft will support developing extensions for Edge and the corresponding required APIs for UWP Apps to communicate with Edge. Recently they have rolled out couple of Edge extensions only for Insider users https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/03/17/bringing-extensions-to-microsoft-edge/

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping the an Edge extension might be on the road map

I hope it definitely is. Once all the extensions are released for Edge (the Redstone version is already working with some), it should be pretty straighforward as Enpass already has Chrome extension. And it should not require in such case (I hope) the desktop application running but I may be mistaken.