Enpass Discussion Forum

EP 6.0.6 startup freeze/hang von mac os 10.11.6

inc2k3

i'm using EP 6.0.6 on two macs with el cap (10.11.6).

on the mac pro everything works fine.
on the notebook (macbook pro) EP launches on login/startup, but needs either 5-15 min to launch or stays freezed and can only force-quitted.
sometimes a restart of the machine helps.

a completely new install didn't help.

trying to launch EP via browser extension (firefox, safari) leads to the "seek for EP" page (error-static.html) while EP still shows up in the dock and is (strangely) followed by a 2nd EP icon occuring in the dock launching into to a obviously freezed 2nd instance fo EP.

synced with an own nextcloud installation via webdav, which works flawlessly with 2 ios devices and a 3rd mac.

here are the error reports after force quit of both instances: http://data.pblog.at/index.php/s/jJWFJkmDQdpn4TJ

any help is highly appreciated!

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. The issue has been shared with the QA team for further investigation. I will keep you update once I hear from them.

I appreciate your patience while we work through this. Thanks.

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi @inc2k3,

Please follow the steps given below and let us know if the problem gets resolved:

• Quit the Enpass app completely, even from the Menu Bar.
  • Open the Terminal and run this command: launchctl setenv QMLSCENE_DEVICE "softwarecontext"
  • Open the Enpass app.
Edited by Vikram Dabas
The command was incomplete.

hi vikram,
thanks a lot for your efforts!
i tried this and the command seems to be incomplete as the result shows:
Usage: launchctl setenv < <key> <value>, ... >
obviously launchctl needs some more ...
so nothing improved so far ...

Edited by inc2k3

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi,

We might need to take a different look into the issue. Please run this command in terminal and share the crash report again. It will be invaluable to our development team to understand and address the issue. Thanks.

QMLSCENE_DEVICE=softwarecontext open /Applications/Enpass.app

i'd one single successfull enpass launch after applying your terminal command above.
unfortunately this wasn't repeatable :-(

i have two hang reports for you
(please use the URL in the screenshots attached as i'm not allowed to post txt or zip files and as my
webdav URls are seen as offending by your system)

one report is made after the 1st reboot after applying the term cmd and another 2nd one after re-applying the term cmd.
hope this helps to dive deeper into this issue.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-02 um 14.12.34.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-02 um 14.12.34.png

Edited by inc2k3

just tried to start EP manually and after about 15 min it suddenly pops up and works.
..... maybe it's waiting for something happening in the background?
webdav sync shouldn't be suspicious for that as it's up and running shortly after boot.