Enpass Discussion Forum

Extension corrupt?

I have installed the Enpass extension numerous times on both Windows 10 and Linux Mint machines, on Chrome and Firefox.

However today, attempting to install the extension on a Linux Mint machine in Firefox it fails, saying the extension is corrupt.

I successfully installed the extension on the Chrome browser on the same machine a few minutes later.

Have tried again, rebooted machine, still says extension is corrupt.

Any assistance appreciated.

I have this same problem in Ubuntu 18.04 and Firefox. When starting Firefox I had a message telling me that an add-on was disabled. Enpass showed up in the list of incompatible legacy add-ons. I thought I would try to remove it and re-install. When attempting to re-install it tells me the extension is corrupt.

Same problem here (Mac OS High Sierra). First: Firefox disables the extension and notifies about that. Second: any attempt to reinstall the extension ends with the "Extension corrupt" message. Please help. Without the extension, Enpass is useless...

Update: You can enable Firefox Studies in your browser and the problem should be fixed automatically within a few hours (Studies are enabled by default so unless you disabled them everything should happen automatically), or you can click on a link in this Hackernews thread to fix the problem imminently: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19826903

Edited by adhocracy

Is this fix only available for new firefox versions because i still have the problem.

i'm running Ubuntu 14.04 (LTS) with firefox 66.0.3

Diederik

Edit: i changed the value of xpinstall.signatures.required in about:config to ignore the signatures
for now it is working again

Edited by irDiederik
found a workaround
  • Like 1