Enpass Discussion Forum

Firefox Extension Stopped Working

Shinshi

I have Firefox version 66.0.3 (64-bit) installed and it has disabled my Enpass extension.  I try to download current Firefox extension from enpass.io/downloads and I get an error, "The add-on downloaded from this site could note be installed as it appears to be corrupt". 

Is this a new problem with a new version of Firefox or an isolated incident?  I have not found a way to get Enpass working with Firefox now.  I have not downgraded Firefox to an older version yet as I am hoping to get this resolved.

I have the same version of Firefox and, as of yesterday (4 May 2019), Firefox has disabled the Enpass Add-in giving a similar message that the Add-On it was corrupted or not trusted. I have used the Firefox and the Enpass Add-on - without any problems - up until yesterday.

Enpass have you a solution to this?

Hey guys, this has nothing to do with Enpass. Mozilla missed updating important certificates, which causes the issues you experience. To solve the problem you have two options:

1. Wait for Mozilla to resolve the problem with e.g. a rollout of a new Firefox version
  2. Apply the studies mentioned in this post i.e. apply Firefox Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Allow Firefox to install and run studies. You can disable studies again once you restarted your browser.

After (2) Enpass addon should work again.

Duplicate of

Edited by Tina
  • Like 1