Enpass Discussion Forum

Generate QR Code from keyfile

plerzelwupp

Hello :-)
On the desktop-version you have the posibility to generate a keyfile in addition to the master-password. On Android you can scan the QR-Code from this keyfile.Just a stupid question, I wasn't able to find the solution. How can I generate the QR-Code from the keyfile on Windows  - to scan it for Android?

Thanks in advance and many greetings :-)

Oliver

Edited by plerzelwupp
additional information

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback on this matter. It's been shared with the team to make something easier to find and understand.

17 hours ago, plerzelwupp said:

One hour later - I found it. I wonder why this rather hidden feature is not documented anywhere - not in the manual and not in the knowledgebase.

Anyway - thanks a lot - I love Enpass - good work! :)

Could you detail where you found this hidden feature, please.

Sorry, I would have explained it - but I have the german version. OK, I try it:

Only if you have activated the feature "keyfile" (which is also a bit hidden on the bottom of preferences where you change the Master-password), you'll get a new entry in the vault menu under preferences (3 points - see screenshot) - behind these 3 points you'll get the barcode. 

I think it's difficult to find - I searched through the web and found nothing. Would be better, to find it in the tools-menu - or under vault-info, where the information is, if you have chosen the keyfile (f.e.). Sorry for my bad english - I hope you understand ;-)

Inkedscreenshot_LI.png

Edited by plerzelwupp
corrections
  • Like 1