Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Beta v6.0.8.212 for Android is out!

Vikram Dabas

Hi Enpassians!

The Enpass beta v6.0.8.212 for Android has been rolled out. The complete change-log is:

What's New

• Keyboard Shortcut for the Enpass extension: Like the Enpass desktop apps, you can now define a Keyboard Shortcut to fill the details in a Chrome browser. But unlike the desktop apps, there is no default Keyboard set, so you need to set it via Enpass Browser Extension > Navigate to Extension Options >  Keyboard Shortcuts.

Fixes

• High CPU Usage in Chromebooks: Many of our users reported that the previous Enpass beta version was consuming a high CPU usage, which forced them to close the app. This update will fix this problem and optimize the CPU usage so that you can use the app usually.
  • Blank screen while adding the TOTP: Some users were getting a blank screen while scanning the TOTP QR code on their Android devices. This problem mostly occurred on the mobile device having three or more cameras. It's now fixed.
  • The app got crashed when a user was trying to open an attached text (.txt) file. Fixed.
  • Several random, rare crashes on the launch, and at other times have been eliminated.
  • The Enpass app occasionally didn't unlock even after entering the correct PIN. Fixed.
  • Other minor fixes.

Improvements

• Improvement the Autofilling in Chromebooks: This update offers a better auto-filling, auto-capturing of the login details to ensure that you have a smooth browser experience.
  • UI Improvements.
  • Other minor improvements.

Get your hands on the beta and share your valuable feedback.

So I have a couple Chromebooks that are Neverware Chrome OS devices. They don't support Android apps, but they do support Linux apps. Is it possible to get the Linux version connecting and working on Chrome OS? I've got it installed, but have had issues when logging in and connecting to the browser extension using this method.

So, running this on a Chromebook (Pixel Slate) is not a particularly great experience.  It takes about 60-75 seconds for the application to unlock after I type in my Master password (sometimes it doesn't even unlock, and just goes back to the password entry box), then it takes a further 20-30 seconds to load the password vault.  This happens if I use the native Android application to unlock, and the beta Chromebook extension and irrespective of how long it's been since I previously unlocked - as in I can type my password in, wait 70+ seconds, see my vault after 20 seconds, instantly lock the vault, and have to wait again.

I also am unable to right click in a password field and choose Enpass, as it just pops up a tab in Chrome with the "Connecting to Enpass" which instantly disappears and nothing happens - so I cannot create passwords.  It also does not offer to save any new credentials that I enter on websites.

Basically, the ChromeOS implementation of this is dire, and needs some serious work.

On my Pixel 3 with the same version it's instant, and the same Chrome extension on Windows and Linux is fine.

Edited by recrudesce

Hi @dasunsrule32

On 5/21/2019 at 12:22 PM, dasunsrule32 said:

So I have a couple Chromebooks that are Neverware Chrome OS devices. They don't support Android apps, but they do support Linux apps. Is it possible to get the Linux version connecting and working on Chrome OS? I've got it installed, but have had issues when logging in and connecting to the browser extension using this method.

Enpass Linux version is for x86 64 bit architecture only. There are many Chromebook models which are ARM and x86 32bit. So, for better coverage of devices, we are currently focusing solely on the Chromebooks running the Android OS.

Hi @recrudesce

13 hours ago, recrudesce said:

So, running this on a Chromebook (Pixel Slate) is not a particularly great experience.  It takes about 60-75 seconds for the application to unlock after I type in my Master password (sometimes it doesn't even unlock, and just goes back to the password entry box), then it takes a further 20-30 seconds to load the password vault.  This happens if I use the native Android application to unlock, and the beta Chromebook extension and irrespective of how long it's been since I previously unlocked - as in I can type my password in, wait 70+ seconds, see my vault after 20 seconds, instantly lock the vault, and have to wait again.

That's very unfortunate, and I am sorry for the inconvenience.

I require some more information so that our team can check and investigate the issue.

• Enpass version.
  • The number of total items in Enpass (across All Vaults).
  • Chrome OS version.
  • Do you use keyfile with your master password to login into Enpass?
  • Have you enabled sync with any vault? If yes, please share the cloud services.
  • Does the problem occasionally occur or every time you unlock the app?
  • Has this issue occurred after changing some configuration in Enpass?

Also, please disconnect your Chromebook from any internet connection and then open the Enpass. Now check and let us know does the app still takes time to unlock it.

• 2 months later...