Enpass Discussion Forum

Fresh Start?

Jim

I purchased Enpass quite some time ago. I have never been successful in getting it to work seamlessly across my machines - and most importantly my Android. So I have kind of limped along, occasionally spending a couple of hours trying to get things to work, then quitting in frustration. Some issues have been getting sync to work with google drive from my Android (Nokia 6.1), getting the desktop version to use the same sync file as the android...in short, I'm pretty disappointed and fed up with fighting Enpass. Plus, I used the beta for a while - don't know if that caused any further complications.

The issue I'm facing right now is - after removing Enpass completely from my android, then reinstalling, and authenticating successfully with Dropbox, I'm redirected to Enpass which tells me that it couldn't authenticate. This seems to happen when I try to use Google as well. The specific error for Dropbox is "Unable to restore data due to insufficient access rights" - but I'm clearly logged into Dropbox.

I am thinking I should uninstall my desktop version on all pc's and uninstall all versions on the phone. Which desktop version should I use to reinstall x64 or  Win 10? I assume I should also use the latest Android version (but not beta)?

I'm aware I sound like I'm a complete idiot here, but I'm too frustrated to care. :-) Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edited by Jim
+ info

Hey @Jim,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

8 hours ago, Jim said:

The issue I'm facing right now is - after removing Enpass completely from my android, then reinstalling, and authenticating successfully with Dropbox, I'm redirected to Enpass which tells me that it couldn't authenticate. This seems to happen when I try to use Google as well. The specific error for Dropbox is "Unable to restore data due to insufficient access rights" - but I'm clearly logged into Dropbox.

Can you please let me know what default browser have you set on your device? I would suggest you please set Chrome as your default browser (In case if you are running the other one) and then try to sync. Also, please let me know which Android device, Android version, and Enpass version are you using so that we can investigate further.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Thanks...  I was using Brave - now set to Chrome, same issues:

Android is Nokia 6.1 (2018) TA-1045, running Android 9. Backup files exist on both Google and Dropbox in Apps/Enpass.

When I attempt to sync with Google I click "Allow"  in the first screenshot, then I get Authorization finished, then back to the first screenshot.

image.png.eb86f1fee78b4abcc07947aa52f7df60.png             image.png.01566e978665e9f869cdced6cf275777.png

The same thing happens with Dropbox:

image.png.ad2f08c5ce6e0b8e12de6c02ecc74a77.png

Edited by Jim

Hey @Jim,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

After clicking on the Allow button please tap on the Redirect button manually if you haven't tried it yet and check.

If the problem persists, please follow these steps and share your findings.

• Create an empty keychain with the same master password with which you are using previously.
  • Now Go to Enpass settings --> Vaults --> Tap on Primary --> Enable Sync and share your findings.

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 1 month later...

I reported this issue even earlier in the year.  It seems Enpass has no idea what is causing this issue even though many users are experiencing it. I was asked to do a number of things and each time they pointed to issues regarding security with no clear directions on how to resolve the issue.  At one point they stopped responding to my emails. 

Clearly , if I can install Dropbox successfully on my phone, then Enpass should be able to access it too.  I went as far as inviting then to troubleshoot with me over the phones but this fell on deaf ears.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Thanks for the help Enpass team. I also had a similar issue to @Jim (on Android, syncing with Dropbox), and as @Anshu kumar suggested, changing my phone's default browser from Brave to Chrome fixed the issue. I'd like to request that the Enpass team work on fixing this bug for Brave users (as well as other major browsers). Having to change my phone's default browser is not a great user experience.

• Like 1