Enpass Discussion Forum

Cusom Template Import

Tuxmann

Has the custom template import been finalised or dropped?

I purchased Enpass for MacOS and Android. I can create and copy templates to expand as custom templates, but find no way to use them to import from previous Password Managers.

If it is not available, I will have to use another PW-Manger instead. I have 3k of data sets to import in various categories and custom fields in the templates. Can't wait too long.

On import, only the system templates can be used. :-(

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 22.22.19.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 22.15.47.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 17.15.25.png

Edited by Tuxmann
added image for system template downloads without custom templates

OK, got an answer.
It seems to not be on the feature list and roadmap any more - it was initiated in 2016, 3 years ago.

I need a replacement for a very good Password Manager that will not be maintained any more; that is why a custom import template is necessary. Enpass is great for starting a new Database, but not usable for many other that need importing. Sadly, I used none of the listed databases under import, and the pre-formatted csv files are very restrictive. If only the custom templates could be exported as the pre-formatted CSV's, and then be imported with the custom templates.

So, I will have to look elsewhere for import support; pity ... it seems so promising to have custom templates, but unfortunately no import possibilities with them.

Ref.:

On 4/8/2016 at 7:17 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey guys,Thanks for your suggestions. they are already in our roadmap and will be available with our future versions.

On 4/8/2016 at 5:47 AM, Plonqor said:

I agree, the ability to customise each category's template, and even create new categories would be excellent.

On 4/7/2016 at 9:10 PM, Flohe91220 said:

It would be a perfect application if we could create our own templates and import custom logos

Edited by Tuxmann

On 6/2/2019 at 4:42 AM, BobbyArcher said:

Tuxmann, I have the same issue and I'm curious if you found another program that will work?  Thanks!

Looked at many of the various systems. Nothing completely professional in the wild.

Am using KeePassXC now. Full import control Templates. Free and FOSS (Open-Source)

Edited by Tuxmann
Additional Info for a follower with the same issues