Enpass Discussion Forum

Create / Change / Edit Types (Categories) Templates

bu11etpr00f

It would be nice to be able to create, change, edit the Types / Category Templates in Enpass. Currently I use mSecure, but am looking to make a switch. I really like that mSecure is more like a custom secure database builder than just a secure password saver, and I think Enpass has the potential to be better than mSecure, but being able to edit the Types / Category Templates is one thing Enpass desperately needs.

I know you can add fields to each item when you create them, but I'd really like to set custom templates for items to use and get rid of the ones I don't want. Currently I have over 2000 items in mSecure, most of which use custom item templates. I would like to use Enpass to do the same. :)

Unfortunately mSecure has become over-priced when using multiple platforms, and currently utilizes over 90% CPU usage in macOS 10.12 Sierra when sitting idle. I think it might also be lacking in support.

• Like 6

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I signed up to request this feature, as well.  Looks like folks have been asking for this feature for quite some time and I have been waiting on it for about a year since mSecure's dev team has not been interested in responding to my feature requests. This product dev team and community are much more active by comparison.  So, Enpass, are you all getting close to implementing this feature in Beta? 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have been using Enpass for a few years and really find it invaluable.

I agree with earlier comments regarding the ability to either edit or add categories.  This would be really useful and I hope it's coming very soon. When will it be available??

I'm wanting to create an 'OLD' category so that I can move over various details which have been replaced - eg Credit card details, bank details.  By putting these into an 'OLD' category then keeps the 'Finance' category neater and easier to manage but enables me to keep the out of date info.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey guys,

I've got some good news here. These features have already been implemented in the development tree of the next major update Enpass 6.:) However, assuring an exact ETA just doesn't seem right, not yet.

Thanks for your patience.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey guys,

On 3/2/2019 at 1:03 PM, Stelios said:

Is this feature available? I can not find it in android app.

Currently, the option to create custom Categories is only available in the Desktop version of Enpass. For Mobile, it's already in our roadmap for the future version.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:57 PM, Twoxtix said:

– delete custom categories, in addition to simply hiding them.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:57 PM, Twoxtix said:

edit the names of the standard categories ;

I have noted down your suggestion and forwarded to the concerned desk for further consideration.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Currently, the option to create custom Categories is only available in the Desktop version of Enpass. For Mobile, it's already in our roadmap for the future version.

You forgot to refer that it's only available in the paid version of the Windows app.

• 2 weeks later...