Enpass Discussion Forum

Search Lag

andrep182

Hi, I am experiencing a several seconds lag (about 7 seconds on firefox extension and 4 seconds on Windows 10 app) while I'm performing a search. Is this a known bug? My system is Dell Precision 5520 running Windows 10, so relatively new and fast enough for the job. Please advise, thanks.

Hey @andrep182,

I would like to share the details of how works the Enpass in search of the items. It searches by the three ways by Title, Fields, and Password. For more information please visit our user manual. If the problem persists, please let me know the following so that we can check.

• Which Enpass version are you using?
  • The number of items and vaults in Enpass?

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 10:17 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @andrep182,

I would like to share the details of how works the Enpass in search of the items. It searches by the three ways by Title, Fields, and Password. For more information please visit our user manual. If the problem persists, please let me know the following so that we can check.

• Which Enpass version are you using?
  • The number of items and vaults in Enpass?

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hi @Anshu kumar, sorry it's been awhile. I'll follow this post for notifications for any future conversation.

I'm current using version 6.1.0 (408) and there are 400 logins saved currently. Perhaps that amount was causing the slowness?

Edited by andrep182

On 6/20/2019 at 11:40 PM, andrep182 said:

Hi @Anshu kumar, sorry it's been awhile. I'll follow this post for notifications for any future conversation.

I'm current using version 6.1.0 (408) and there are 400 logins saved currently. Perhaps that amount was causing the slowness?

It would be interesting to know what impact hardware and OS has on search speed.  My database is currently 500+ item and the search speed is fast, but I am running Xbuntu Linux on an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 with 16GB RAM which while not top tier is no slouch.

What are you running?  Do you have much in the way of attachments, like photos, docs etc?

• 3 months later...

Harware: Dell XPS 13 9360

Disk format ZFS

Searching causes system "freeze" for several minuets or crashes the system. Can only type in a few charters in search box before system becomes unresponsive. Firefox extension works fine... no freezing.

I reinstalled enpass twice without any joy.

Thanks for any suggestions..

Edited by Wingfat