Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass crashes on loading

Simon Dawson

Enpass has suddenly stopped working on my Linux desktop (Solydk - Debian derivation).  Starting from a console I get the following messages:

/opt/enpass/Enpass: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdbus-1.so.3: no version information available (required by /opt/enpass/Enpass)
QFile::remove: Empty or null file name
QQmlComponent: Created graphical object was not placed in the graphics scene.

with the QQmlComponent line being repeated a 100 or so times and finishing with:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  bad zip
Aborted

It has been working across all my devices for months/years without any problems until this week where it suddenly produced this error.  Luckily I can still access my vaults through the mobile and laptop but it makes copying the passwords a bit painful.

Anybody got any  ideas? 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, but I'm on Ubuntu (19.04).

It crashes with a segmentation fault, and the same messages as Simon reported:

Aborted (core dumped)

Any update from the QA team?

Regards,

Thomas

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. I'm on Debian Buster (10.1)

Abgebrochen

It works for me with following workaround:

I purged (uninstalled) Enpass from my Debian and delete the Personal Config Directory. On my system it was located in the Home of my User an in the  ~/Documents/Enpass/

After that I installed Enpass over my Packet manager and it work. Then you have a stock Enpass and you have to reconfigure everything.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @Jannis H.

We tried reproducing the same issue on our machines and were unable to do so after multiple attempts. After analyzing given trace logs, we can see that Enpass tries to allocate big chunks of memory towards the end, but we cannot see why. Since we haven't seen such behavior earlier, we need to confirm a few things to diagnose the issue.

1. Can you open a htop or system monitoring program and then run Enpass to see if Enpass really does fill up the entire memory(64GB)? Also, do you have swap partition enabled on your system?

2. Did any previous Enpass version worked correctly? If yes, since when did it started showing this behavior?

3. We suspect this behavior could be due to some custom Linux module or kernel changes that we're unaware of(as of now). Are you aware of any such changes present in your Linux installation?

We also noticed that you were using Pop OS 19, which isn't based on Ubuntu LTS. If nothing works, could you try running Enpass on LTS release of either Ubuntu or Pop OS(doesn't need to be installed, live cd, or otherwise known as Try Ubuntu will be fine).

Thanks for your co-operation.