Enpass Discussion Forum

Crashing at Launch after upgrading QT libraries on KDE Neon

euphonious

When I attempt to launch on KDE Neon (5.16.0) with the command /opt/enpass/Enpass %U, it crashes. I've attached a screenshot. I believe it first started with KDE 5.15.5. I am speculating that it is related to update of the underlying QT libraries as this is the major distinction with vanilla Kubuntu 18.04 which is the underlying base for the current version of KDE Neon. I have previously contacted Enpass but they not offered any meaningful assistance. I am a paying customer for the Android version but of course this is the desktop Linux version which does not have a paid option. If the packaged could be offered in a universal binary such as Flatpak, Snap, or AppImage I think it would resolve many issues for all Linux users not using stock version of Ubuntu/Debian, OpenSuse, or Fedora.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advanceScreenshot_20190507_145627.png.a37dab698f51e3fd3c2efca1bdb8411e.png!

Mark

Hi @euphonious,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

I have noted down this issue in the tracker and notified the QA team to look into it. Meanwhile please follow these troubleshooting steps and let me know if the problem persists.

•  Uninstall Enpass.
  •  Goto Home folder-->.local ---> share --->Delete Enpass folder.
  •  Goto Home folder-->.config--->Delete  Sinew.in Folder.
  •  Reinstall Enpass and share your findings.