Enpass Discussion Forum

Buying Enpass Pro without using Google Store?

Hi @EnpassUserAndroid,

Sorry to say no!  I would like to share that Enpass is tied with Google Play services and can only be downloaded and purchased from the Google Play store.

We strongly recommend users to install Enpass only from the respective app stores (Google Play Store in your case) as apps on Store are signed with developer certificates and delivery through it assures that software is genuine and not tempered. While installing Enpass from other websites or stores might put you in trouble of security risk like data theft.

Thanks!

Go to this website:

Download and Install GApps for Lineage OS

GApps is both hardware and software dependent. You must select the right GApps for your phone's processor and for your phone's version of Android. Any changes you make to your own phone are your responsibility. Have a good idea as to what you are doing.....you may brick your phone.

Edited by thoronodor
hardware and software dependencies, & risk factor

@Anshu kumar Sorry to hear that. I'd love to see your app either on your own website - or downloadable via Google Play store, but buying the pro variant verified via a license.txt or so, like with Titanium Backup.

GApps isn't the solution since I am testing MicroG. And Enpass is one of the last apps I can not just use yet. Therefore I fear I need an exit strategy to export all data to KeepassX or something similar.

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2019 at 8:35 PM, EnpassUserAndroid said:

GApps isn't the solution since I am testing MicroG. And Enpass is one of the last apps I can not just use yet. Therefore I fear I need an exit strategy to export all data to KeepassX or something similar.

I have the same problem. Since I'm tired of throwing my data at Google, I use Lineage OS without Google Apps and FLOSS. I bought the Pro version of Enpass and can't use it now.
How can it be that a team that helps users keep their passwords safe forces them to use the Google services that spy on them at every opportunity? o.O

Hello,

The file saved on Google Drive for example, is encrypted and can only be read with Enpass when decrypted by your master password. Where is the problem?
No one is forced to go through Google's cloud.

Enpass supports syncing of data across devices through your own account on following clouds:
• Dropbox
• Google Drive
• OneDrive
• iCloud
• WebDAV

On 8/23/2019 at 3:55 PM, Ekalb. said:

Where is the problem?
No one is forced to go through Google's cloud.

The problem is not the use of Google Drive but the use of Google Apps in general. The Google services access your data in the background and send it to Google. You can see this very well if you install a firewall and an adblocker. For example, I use "AF-Wall+" and "Blokada". I get dizzy when I look at the protocols of these apps.

So the goal is to run a smartphone without Google Apps. This is possible without any problems with FOSS apps. There are free and open software alternatives to any Google App (https://switching.social/). I already sync Enpass through my nextcloud via webdav (DAVX5). Since Enpass cannot be installed without the Playstore I can't install my purchased version on my smartphone without gapps. Unfortunately a reason to look around for an alternative.

Edited by notgoogle