Enpass Discussion Forum

Android to Windows PC restore

Bilbo

Hi, I don't trust the cloud, so I used to use my Android version as the parent and backup to my PC version.  Then along came 6 and now I have to use the cloud.  Is there any other way to just backup the phone over wifi to the laptop and restore that version onto the laptop?

Thanks

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi

Yes, you can manually restore your data from mobile to PC without using the cloud sync.

But once a database is created in v6, there is Restore option in the app settings like it was available in previous app versions. In v6 'Restore' option is available only in two scenarios:

1. When the app is freshly installed.
  2. A new vault is created
So to restore an existing Backup (without the sync), please follow these steps:

Case 1- Restoring data from Mobile to PC

Step I: Taking Backup from Mobile
  • Open Enpass on mobile.
  • So to App Settings > Advanced > Backup > Wireless Network > Follow the instructions and save the backup.

Step II: Restoring Backup into PC
  • Open Enpass on PC and go to Menu > File > Backup All Vaults > Save it.
  • Now open app Settings > Advanced > Erase Everything.
  • The Welcome screen appears. Choose Files under the Backup option and locate the backup saved in Step I.

Case 2- Restoring data from PC to Mobile

Step I: Taking Backup from PC
  • Open Enpass on PC and take a backup via Menu > File > Backup All Vaults> Save it.

Step II: Restoring Backup into Mobile
  • Open Enpass on mobile device and go to Settings> Advanced > Backup > Eternal Device > Save it.
  • Now again go to Advanced settings > Erase Everything.
  • The Welcome screen appears. Choose WiFi under the Backup option and follow the instructions to restore the database saved in Step I.
Repeat the same steps whenever you want to restore a database.