Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofilling fills old password despite syncing

cjxr

I recently updated a password using enpass on my mac. 
I have since made sure both the app on my mac and the iOS app have run a sync. I'm currently syncing to google drive.

When I look in the application on both my mac and my iOS device I can see the new password is correct on both devices. 
However when I open up the app I have changed my password for on my iOS device and auto fill the password, it autofills the old password. 
If I open the information about the login in question using the key icon to open enpass, I can see that the item in that view has not been synced in days despite it being correct when I open the enpass app directly. 

• 1 month later...

i keep encountering this exact same issue, ALL THE TIME. it's infuriating. why is the enpass extension not using the same data that's in the actual enpass app? is there something wrong with the way the app shares data with the extension? ideally they would be using LITERALLY THE SAME DATABASE. why are there two things that need to be kept in sync, especially since there's no way to manually sync the app extension with the main app??

also it's EXTREMELY distressing that this question has gone unanswered for literally months.

Edited by bunnyhero

Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

To investigate further on this issue we want a little input from your side so please drop us an email at support@enpass.io along with these details so that we can check further.

• On which all devices (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using?
  • Which cloud services are you using to sync?

Thanks for your co-operation.

It is still the same database used. I have the same issue since Enpass 5, so it's nothing new... I think it's because the autofill extension is not able to start the sync and finally you are using only an older copy of that database on your device. That's why you have to start the main app to make it start the sync.

I don't know if it's an OS limitation or the Enpass team cannot make it better... but all I know is that the app Strongbox (password manager for KeePass database) is able to sync the database even when using autofill extension on iOS and there it's not necessary to open the main app before.

Edited by xarekate