Enpass Discussion Forum

Won't remember Touch-ID-setting on Mac Desktop

kopernikus

Hi there,

I just bought the desktopversion for the mac because I wanted to use the TouchID-Login. I enabled TouchID in the settingsmenue. Now everytime I quit Enpass and reopen it - the setting is desabled and Touc ID can't be used für the Login (starting Enpass). It's forgetting the setting!

Any Ideas?

Nik

Hi @kopernikus

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Once the Touch ID is enabled, the Enpass app asks for the Master Password only when the app is freshly started. To avoid this, once the app is opened please keep it running in the Menu bar (instead of quitting it) and it will ask for the Touch ID until the app or system is restarted.

You can enable it via Enpass settings > General > Run > Enable the Show Enpass in Menu bar.

Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Enpass-Team,

the problem seems to be back in version 6.3.2 on macOS.

TouchID is enabled in the settings but this setting is not saved. You can lock and unlock the database without closing the window exactly once. On the second try, the TouchID setting is lost and TouchID is not displayed for unlocking anymore. It's also the same when closing the window and/or closing the program completely.

Best Regards

Dom

8 hours ago, Dom Nik said:

Hi Enpass-Team,

TouchID is enabled in the settings but this setting is not saved. You can lock and unlock the database without closing the window exactly once. On the second try, the TouchID setting is lost and TouchID is not displayed for unlocking anymore. It's also the same when closing the window and/or closing the program completely.

Best Regards

Dom

I am having the same problem.

On 12/15/2019 at 6:26 PM, Dom Nik said:

Hi Enpass-Team,

Best Regards

Dom

Same here, Enpass 6.3.2 (582)

• semi_mod locked this topic
  • Admin unpinned and pinned this topic