Enpass Discussion Forum

Master password stopped working

Glenn

I installed and started using Enpass in March 2019. I run Windows 10 and always keep it updated. I saved the master password in a One Note document on my PC just in case. I used Empass over several weeks in March and the master password always worked.

Now in July when I try to use the same master password I am told it is incorrect. Since I have the password written down I know it is correct. The major thing that has changed between now and then is that I have upgraded Windows to the latest version.

I have uninstalled the original version and installed the Windows Store version. I have tried to restore an old backup but encounter the same problem. I am told the master password is incorrect. What can I do?

Hey @Glenn,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

Please make sure you are using the correct master password by checking the caps lock off. Also, please try copy and pasting your master password in the password field to check if that works. If the problem persists, please drop us an Email at support@enpass.io along with the these details so that we can help you better.

• Which cloud services are you using?
  • Have you recently changed your master password?
  • Are you using Enpass on any other devices where you can access all your Enpass data?
  • Does your master password contain any special character?

Thanks for your co-operation.