Enpass Discussion Forum

Wrong information

Vicki

I'm having a problem with Enpass in that in one account, it uses my password in both the user name and password fields. If I enable autofill in browsers and enpass keyboard, Enpass fills in the correct information at the web site, but not in the app. I'm afraid of adding additional passwords until I know why this is happening. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Vicki said:

I'm having a problem with Enpass in that in one account, it uses my password in both the user name and password fields. If I enable autofill in browsers and enpass keyboard, Enpass fills in the correct information at the web site, but not in the app. I'm afraid of adding additional passwords until I know why this is happening. Thank you.

It would be helpful if you could provide the following details:

Android version
Make and model of mobile phone
Name of the website and associated application

I've tried multiple times to respond to this, but I am getting an error that my email is forbidden because I'm a spammer. I'm starting to regret this purchase.

Android version: 8.0.0

Phone: LGV30

Website & app: Southwest.com, Southwest app

Edited by Vicki

47 minutes ago, Vicki said:

I've tried multiple times to respond to this, but I am getting an error that my email is forbidden because I'm a spammer. I'm starting to regret this purchase.

I am sure that it is not you personally that Enpass's email server has but rather the amount of spam that gets sent out via your email provider's service.  That is what the forum is here for though, hopefully one of the Enpass team will pick up on you post soon and be able help you out.

14 minutes ago, Dentonthebear said:

hopefully one of the Enpass team will pick up on you post soon and be able help you out.

I hope so too. There are some features I like (one-time charge vs subscription, ability to save vault locally vs the cloud), but having never used PW management software before, I'm finding it a little cumbersome. I also had some problems with the Windows 10 client + Chrome extension so I am a little concerned about whether I made the correct choice in purchasing it. Thank you for your feedback, Dentonthebear. 

3 hours ago, Vicki said:

I hope so too. There are some features I like (one-time charge vs subscription, ability to save vault locally vs the cloud), but having never used PW management software before, I'm finding it a little cumbersome. I also had some problems with the Windows 10 client + Chrome extension so I am a little concerned about whether I made the correct choice in purchasing it. Thank you for your feedback, Dentonthebear. 

Hi Vicki,

Enpass is also my first PW management software, and the reasons you chose it are amongst those I that I based my decision on.  I worked full time in desktop support for twenty plus years and it has made me, and I hesitate to use the word, 'adept' at navigating the idiosyncrasy of software packages.  So far I have been one of the lucky ones, using Enpass 6 on Xubuntu Linux and Android for my daily use, as well as Windows 10, MacOS and iOS without any significant issues.  Firefox is my browser of choice and the Enpass plugin, for me at least, works extremely well, but I have used it in Chrome, Opera and Safari without any major issues.  What are the problems you have experienced in Chrome?

The only other password manager I have used recently (one of my customers has it, the rest use Enpass) is Dashlane and while it has some nice features I did not find it anywhere as flexible as Enpass in data management or template manipulation.  Plus it is damn expensive.

5 hours ago, tmurphx5 said:

I am having the same issue in that the password is populating / overwriting the username with the password in a bank app, i have to correct the username.

Hi,

It would be helpful if you could provide the following details:

Android version
Make and model of mobile phone
Name of the website and associated application

On 7/28/2019 at 12:38 PM, Vicki said:

Thanks for reporting this issue and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I have noted down this issue in the bug tracker and notified the dev team to look into it. It would be a great help if you can share some other website/App where are you facing the problem while auto-filling so that we can check and try to fix asap.

Thanks for your co-operation.

On 7/28/2019 at 1:40 PM, Dentonthebear said:

Hi Vicki,

What are the problems you have experienced in Chrome?

The only other password manager I have used recently (one of my customers has it, the rest use Enpass) is Dashlane and while it has some nice features I did not find it anywhere as flexible as Enpass in data management or template manipulation.  Plus it is damn expensive.

I'm not so sure it was Chrome, but when I first downloaded the Windows version, I was adding logins manually with my normal password. Then I would go to the web site log in with my stored credentials. I would then change my password and then instruct Enpass to store the updated information. But it did only on about half the passwords.  I posted the issue in the desktop forum (no one responded), but decided to start over and wiped out my vault. The 2nd time, I just went to a web site, logged in and Enpass offered to save my credentials. That worked much better.

Good to know about Enpass vs others as I was having buyer's remorse. For the most part it seems to be working okay, though.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem, with every app I use. The password is always pasted to both the username and password fields. This is a security issue because the password is visible when put in the username field.

Android Version 9

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Occurs with all apps I've tried (banking apps)

Occurs when using Android's autofill service. When using accessibility, autofill doesn't work at all. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 5:55 AM, Vicki said:

I'm not so sure it was Chrome, but when I first downloaded the Windows version, I was adding logins manually with my normal password. Then I would go to the web site log in with my stored credentials. I would then change my password and then instruct Enpass to store the updated information. But it did only on about half the passwords.  I posted the issue in the walmart wire desktop forum (no one responded), but decided to start over and wiped out my vault. The 2nd time, I just went to a web site, logged in and Enpass offered to save my credentials. That worked much better.

Good to know about Enpass vs others as I was having buyer's remorse. For the most part it seems to be working okay, though.

Yeah it seems okay

Edited by walton19