Enpass Discussion Forum

Credit Card and Auto Fill Not Working

Lawrence

Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB, 64-bit OS with x64-based processor.

Enpass version: 5.3.1

Browsers Tried:

Firefox, 49.0.2

Opera, 41.0.2353.56

In both browsers my login info is not autofilling (even though I am logged into Enpass using Master Password, and the "Auto-Submit Login" is checked for the website -- e.g. Amazon.com -- and I only have one login for the site).

The second issue I have noticed is that I am not able to fill in credit card information.

I have created a new "Credit Card" entry, e.g. for a Visa card, in Enpass, but the info does not every automatically populate in the list of Enpass options when I am on a credit card entry form, AND, if I manually search for the credit card entry and double-click it, e.g. when trying to add a credit card to Amazon, I get an error saying that I am trying to fill the amazon.com page with the Visa info (see attached screenshot).  If I choose "autofill only", nothing happens... the credit card info is not filled, and the form remains blank.

I would love to be able to make use of the form-fill feature (for credit card and address info, but I have not been able to make it work after trying off and on for the last several months). Am I missing something?

PS - the majority of my passwords were originally imported from LastPass.

screenshot.jpg

A little update on troubleshooting:

I imported all of my data from 1Password.  So I dug a little deeper into my Enpass database and discovered that the credit card number fields are listed (typically) as "ccnum" and have a data type of "text".

I tried changing both the field name to "number" and the data type to "numeric".  Neither of these changes make Enpass auto fill any of the needed fields.

Another interesting fact about how Enpass works (sorry, I'm a newb) is that for a credit card to show up as an auto-fill option from the browser extension popup, the Item must be located in the "Credit card" Category.  If it's in a different category, it won't show.

Why is this significant?  What's interesting to me is that Enpass is discovering that the current page has credit card fields, enough to realize that possible options to fill would be from the Credit card Category.  And yet, when I select one of those options to auto-fill, nothing happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Just tried this again (the same Amazon.com scenario I described initially). When I bring up the screen to add a new method of payment, and click the enpass button (using Chrome) the list of available options is all of the entries I've categorized as "Credit Card" (as you mentioned in your previous post, @electrolund). 

Now, when I click on either of the options, the credit card info is correctly filled. 

NOTE: the shortcut (ctrl-/) does not bring up the same list of credit card entries... just a search box with a list of most recent logins that I have used). 

As it currently stands I think this will work for credit card info for me. 

Related, general form fill question: Google form fill can handle names and addresses as well as CC info. Can Enpass do the same somehow or is it not considered secure info by the Enpass team? If it is supposed to be a function, how do I set it up?

Lawrence, thanks for your update!  Very interesting observation with the difference in keyboard shortcut and just manually clicking the Chrome toolbar icon.  That sounds like a bug to me.

Now I just tried repeating these steps as you, adding a new card to my Amazon account and choosing from the list of options in Enpass, but for me no fields auto-fill when I select a card.

I'm curious!  What are the field names in your Enpass database (not the values, obviously!, but the names of the fields)?  I'm confused as to why my cards don't autofill, while yours are.

I've created an entry and placed it in the "Credit Card" category with the following fields (see pics). When I try to add a card in Amazon and click the enpass icon, the two items on the list are the Discover and Visa entries. 

Selecting one of them populates the Number, Name, and Expiration Date in the Amazon form. 

Also, just verified that it's working this way in Firefox and Chrome now. 

fields.png

fields2.png

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

On 09/12/2016 at 11:21 PM, Lawrence said:

NOTE: the shortcut (ctrl-/) does not bring up the same list of credit card entries... just a search box with a list of most recent logins that I have used). 

I would like to let you know that the Keyboard shortcuts are only used to autofill in login details, for a credit card you have to manually click on the Enpass extension to autofill. For more details please have a look at user manual .

On 10/12/2016 at 2:42 AM, electrolund said:

Now I just tried repeating these steps as you, adding a new card to my Amazon account and choosing from the list of options in Enpass, but for me no fields auto-fill when I select a card.

I'm curious!  What are the field names in your Enpass database (not the values, obviously!, but the names of the fields)?  I'm confused as to why my cards don't autofill, while yours are.

It seems that there might be some problem with Field Type of credit card while importing the data from 1password. Please manually create the credit card item and then try to autofill and let me know does it works?

On 09/12/2016 at 11:21 PM, Lawrence said:

Related, general form fill question: Google form fill can handle names and addresses as well as CC info. Can Enpass do the same somehow or is it not considered secure info by the Enpass team? If it is supposed to be a function, how do I set it up?

Currently No! But we already have plans to work on an improved version with complete Form-filling that will save all the fields from the page inside Enpass keychain. I can't assure any ETA for this and only can say that it will be available in any of future versions.

On 10/12/2016 at 3:30 AM, Lawrence said:

Also, Enpass (in general) does not work for me if I have the "Verify Browser" box checked... so it is unchecked. 

We don’t recommend to use Enpass by disabling the code signature verification. As mentioned here under communication section, Enpass App validates authenticity of both extension and Browser before making any connection and serving data for autofilling. So if you turn off the code signature verification, you bypass the Browser checking and set your foot into autofilling in Opera Browser. Though it is not a safe practice.

To avoid any security risks associated, please make sure that you download the browser from the legitimate source and double check the authenticity of any extension you install.

Please let me know what error message or code are you getting when you enable Verify browsers also provide some more details like Antivirus/ Firewall/third party network security/ any security related Extension or Proxy are you using. so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

It seems that there might be some problem with Field Type of credit card while importing the data from 1password. Please manually create the credit card item and then try to autofill and let me know does it works?

Ahh, I see now how creating a manual credit card type has more fields that my import did.  And that seems to have worked for me with the Amazon test above.

Thanks!  I'll convert all my credit cards over to this format for compatibility.

Side Note: I really like how Enpass allows both login fields (for credit card website management) and the credit card info themselves.  In 1Password, these were two different entities, which worked but tended to be kind of confusing.

Thanks for the detailed reply!

Regarding browser authentication, I turned it off because I was using Opera for a while. I'm considering a move back to chrome or FireFox, but, for Enpass, I keep getting the following authentication errors if I leave browser authentication checked (see attached). 

access_denied_chrome.png

access_denied.png