Enpass Discussion Forum

business model

boistordu

Hi,

I think that it would be important for us, customer, to understand what's your business model. As a security app, we should be able to know how would you work?

So How can you make money on your app? Do you work like keepass, you have other jobs and do that as a side job (which is absolutely not a problem if there is not conflict of interest)? If you were a european company, 9 euros for only buy once the mobile app would be really not enough to survive for that big of a team. How can we trust a company that we don't know how do they make money? Especially with the problems with facebook etc. Any attempt to levitate this subject won't be very good for your image so I would suggest a frank answer to that and statement. 

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @boistordu

Thanks for writing in and sharing your concern. We can understand your skepticism here. 

First, I would like to assure you that you don't need to worry about your data as Enpass stores all the data locally on your device/system. Even when you sync Enpass to cloud your data is synced to your own account and not on our servers. So you can scratch the fear of anyone else having your data off the list.  

As for the prices and business model, we know that at the price we're offering for Enpass is practically a steal, and upon that we don't even charge for the desktop version. With this approach, we've managed to gain a lot of customers with enough profits to keep our team members and the app afloat. Also, being offline saves us a few cheques on server bills. However, we don't intend to stop here. Currently, Enpass is tailored only for individuals and it's going well so far,:) but way along the line (in a year or so ), we also have plans to introduce solutions for SMEs.   

Hope this makes you worry a little less.