Enpass Discussion Forum

[Mac] Safari 13 extension - shortcut not working

Hello together,

today my Mac updated automatically to Safari 13, so I switched from 1Password to Enpass, which I bought earlier this year exactly for this scenario.

Import password (including attachments) from 1Password worked as expected and the extension for Safari also works when using the button in the menu bar.

But I can't get any shortcut working on my German extended keyboard for the Safari Plugin, which is aware of the actual opened page. Setting any shortcut within the App (see second picture) for the Plugin does not work. Also setting the shortcut directly in the plist-file

7ADB8CC6TF.in.sinew.Enpass-Safari-Group.plist

in the path 

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨_my_user_name_⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Group Containers⁩ ▸ ⁨7ADB8CC6TF.in.sinew.Enpass-Safari-Group⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Preferences⁩

with the tool PrefEdit (see picture 2) does not work.

My guess is that Enpass does not recognise the command-key ⌘ properly. I also quit every other tool of me (like BetterTouchTool etc. to be sure there are no interactions and reset all shortcuts within system settings.

I'm not looking for the global hotkey as it opens the assistant which isn't aware of the actual opened page.

That bug is really annoying and breaks my mostly keyboard-based workflow.

Best regards

Gee

picture 2.png

picture 1.png

Edited by Gee

hi, you have to use an english keyboard layout to enter this key. 

1. go to settings - keyboard and change your keyboard layout to english. 

2. go into enpass settings and press that key (for example pressing # will show \) 

download

3. if you switch your layout back to german the combination: cmd-alt-# should work. 

Thanks @clemensTyp.

But the global Enpass hotkey is not quite what I was looking for. I'm going to clarify my request in the first posting.

I was looking to configure the Enpass hotkey used within Safari (Plugin), so that the password is filled in for the opened page according to the actual adress. In 1Password it was ⌘ + #.

Best regards

• 3 weeks later...

There's a slight change, that makes the situation even a little bit more mysterious.

Enpass shortcut within Safari is now working with Catalina and Safari 13.0.2 on my MacBook (German keyboard layout) but still not working with my iMac.

Can the Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - Space Gray (German keyboard layout) make that difference?

MRMH2D.jpeg